For those old enough, you might remember Slave Zero which was released on the Dreamcast back in 1999. After more than 20 years, Ziggurat Interactive has announced Slave Zero X, a new action ttle set in the same world as the original game!
In development by Poppy Works, check out the Slave Hero X trailer where we see 2D hack and slash action!
Features of Slave Zero X include:
- Multiple Gameplay Modes: Play through the story, build your combo-crushing skills in training mode, or test your might in the post-story Bloody Palace Mode
- Side-Scrolling Hack and Slash: Chain together lethal attack combos with your sword and an array of explosive ordinance while leaping, sprinting, and flipping your way through a grim biopunk world
- Stunning Set Pieces: Conquer mini-bosses and climactic archvillains in unforgettable combat sequences
- Action-Packed Heroic Missions: Battle your way through massive levels, mazes, and boss-rushes in a dynamic 2.5D world
- Epic and Dynamic Ambiance: Immerse yourself in a world of heavy Drum ‘n Bass and industrial tracks that get more intense as the action heats up
Slave Zero X has no release date yet, but it is set to slash its way out onto the PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and PC.
If this is anything like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtls: Shredder’s Revenge (read our review here), then action fans are in for a treat.