SOE Live was held yesterday, where President of SOE John Smeadley shared several major announcements including the long awaited release date for PlanetSide 2.
The first announcement is that PlanetSide 2 will be launching officially on November 20th. The free-to-play first person shooter has been under Beta testing for quiet some time now and with just about a month away, fans have reached out to Smeadley saying it’s too soon and needs more polishing. Rest assured, on his Twitter feed, he confirmed that the team knows exactly what needs to be done in preparation before launch and that they have enough time to get enough fan feedback into the final release build.
A new MMO titled “Dragon’s Prophet” was announced last night. The title was said to be one of the most “imaginative” and “high-quality” MMO’s ever created. The title takes place in a realm where Dragons roam air, land, and sea. The player’s goal will be to restore order. Some features include capturing and training (even riding) dragons. Players can expect an action-based combat system that gives them a more realistic gameplay.
- Dragons Everywhere: In a world shaped by dragon-kind, more than 300 unique dragons roam the lands. You can fight, capture, train and ride them in order to utilize and build upon their unique skills and abilities to aid your cause.
- Action-Based Combat System: Dragon’s Prophet uses an auto-target and combo system to give players more realistic battle action gameplay. This system gives players a higher degree of control with a wider range of tactical options than traditional MMOs.
- Beautiful Immersive World: Players are transported to a breathtaking world filled with amazingly detailed landscapes. Mysteries, challenges and creatures await as players fight for their survival and that of the world of Auratia.
- Extensive Housing System: Let your imagination and expectations run wild. Players are given complete control to construct and grow their town into unique cities and ultimately an empire.
- Frontier System: Guild leaders rejoice! With this large-scale construction system, players have the ability to build their ultimate kingdom. By empowering your citizens and constructing a powerful military, true leaders will be able to create and sustain their very own empire!
DC Universe: “Home Turf” 6th DLC Pack
The 6th DLC pack for DC Universe has been announced. The following details come from the PR sent out this morning.
“Players will be able to tailor their hideouts and lairs with a variety of themes and hundreds of unique furnishing items, as well as enjoy conveniences and amenities – like those found in the Hall of Doom or Watchtower – in their own unique custom environment. Additionally, lairs will double as battlegrounds where players can challenge each other in one-on-one PvP matches.
Along with player housing, Home Turf offers players new missions and boss fights at four iconic locations: Stryker’s Island, Arkham Asylum, Steelworks and Ace Chemicals. Each location will offer players 10 missions to complete for ‘Marks of Triumph,’ which they can use to upgrade their lair and unlock its full potential and benefits.”
“DCUO’s Home Turf DLC pack will be a free download for the game’s Legendary members and will be available for purchase to Free and Premium players via the PlayStation®Network, the in-game Marketplace, or for PC players via the DCUniverseOnline.com website.”
- EverQuest®: Rain of Fear‘s Launch Date – Players can continue their Norrathian adventures with the game’s 19th expansion, set to launch November 28, 2012. For more info on the expansion, visit: www.everquest.com/expansions.
- EverQuest® II: Chains of Eternity‘s Launch Date – Prepare to explore new zones and dungeons November 13, 2012 with the game’s ninth expansion. For more info on the expansion, visit: www.everquest2.com/expansions.
- Wizardry Online Enters Beta – The hardcore fantasy MMO goes into beta on October 29. The meek need not apply. Full details can be found here: wizardrythegame.com. Trailer upon request.
Any of these announcements in particular excite you? Let us know in the comments!