While pilots just got a big Star Wars Squadrons patch last week that introduced a host of gameplay tweaks, Motive Studios has just released the Star Wars Squadrons update 1.09 December 17 title update, and it looks to add new content and then some.
Update: Motive Studios has released the official patch notes for today’s patch which can be seen below.
Star Wars Squadrons Update 1.09 December 17 Patch Notes:
No official notes have been released just yet, but EA has announced yesterday that as a “thank you” for playing Star Wars games published by EA, Star Wars Squadrons players are getting the Hoth and Imperial Executioner’s helmets, flight suits, and gloves for their pilots!
Players who own Star Wars Squadrons that also own Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order and/or Star Wars Battlefront 1/2, you just need to login those titles before January 10, 2021 to collect the outfits shown above!
ALso of note, a server-side balancing change was made on December 14! We’ve listed the changes made below along with the known issues (via EA):
Starfighters & Components
- Increased Y-wing Rotary Cannon damage by 13% (from 34 to 38.5 per shot)
- Increased Y-wing Auto Rotary Cannon damage by 13% (From 17 to 19.25 per shot)
- Reduced Movement Penalty on Y-wing and TIE bomber Rotary Cannons from -60% to -50%.
- Reduced Rotary Cannon Wind-up from 1.7s to 1.4s
- Reduced Burst Cannon Damage by 10% across the board
- Reduced Rocket damage from 100 to 60, so total payload is now 2400 instead of 4000.
- Reduced damage reductions for the A-wings Overload Shield (by 40% each) to 15% for primary weapons and 30% auxiliary reduction
- Increased hull health of Flagships and Capital Ships by 11%
- Increased TIE bomber health by 10%
- Changes are not updating in Fleet Battles Solo vs AI (including Custom Matches), hangars, and Practice
- Movement reduction penalty when using Rotary Cannons does not display on UI but does still take effect in-game.
If there are more gameplay-related changes or additional notes released today, we’ll update the post
Update: Motive Studios has released the official notes and we’ve updated the post accordinly.