In yesterday’s The Division 2 State of the Game developer stream, Ubisoft Massive talked about The Division 2 recalibration changes and also changes to Skill Power. Given this is a huge change to the current meta, the studio has this planned for release after Episode 3.
Here’s a summary of the stuff shown in the latest State of the Game:
- Recalibration stat storing will let players extract Talents, attributes, and more from weapons and gear, and save them in a library to apply to like items.
- A new Skill Tier system replaces Skill Power, letting players buff their Skills by wearing gear pieces with the Skill Tier core attribute.
- The stream also included brief video Q&As with Senior Game Designer Trick Dempsey and Senior Game Designer Nikki Kuppens.
As for The Division 2 Recalibration changes and Skill Power refactorization, check ’em out below.
RECALIBRATION STAT STORING
- Currently, recalibration requires players to keep a stash of gear pieces to potentially recalibrate other gear in the future.
- The overhaul aims to make the process more intuitive and fun, while still allowing players to customize items.
- When players find gear with a high roll, they will be able extract it and save it in a Recalibration Library to apply to other gear later – essentially “learning” it.
- The new gear system will let players recalibrate Talents, stats, core stats, and mod slots.
- The new direction with brand-set bonuses, in addition to the attribute rolls, is that the brand sets match a profile that is either offensive, defensive, utility, or skill-based, with a few hybrid exceptions.
- The Recalibration Library will display stored Talents and attributes by weapon or gear type, letting players quickly find improvements for specific items.
- The library will also let players know when gear in their inventory has a better attribute than what they’ve stored. This gives players a chance to extract the new attribute (destroying the original gear in the process) and apply it repeatedly to any future gear of the same type.
- The developers are still deciding whether to limit the Recalibration Library to a per-character basis, or to make it account-wide.
- Finding all the “god rolls” to max out each gear item will add a new collection metagame aspect to recalibration.
SKILL POWER REFACTORIZATION
- Skill Tier will replace Skill Power, and Skills scale directly with it.
- Skill Tier is available only as a core attribute on gear, and will improve Skills directly.
- There are six Skill Tiers; each item with the Skill Tier core attribute will add one tier to your Agent. Players who wear six pieces of gear with Skill Tier will attain max Skill Tier.
- Each Skill Tier will boost Skill stats and abilities, and each Skill has a different setup for how it scales with higher Skill Tiers.
- Deployed Skills will display their Tiers, giving players a clearer understanding of what they can do.
- Skill mods will still be available, and will work similarly to weapon mods, adding percentage modifiers to Skills.
- Using certain Exotic or gear-set Talents, players can temporarily enter an Overcharge state, which ramps up Skill stats to super-powerful levels.
If you’re looking forward to Episode 3, it’s scheduled to go out this February and will not include a new raid. Here’s an overview of content planned by the studio for Episode 3.