Tom Clancy’s The Division is on course for open beta later this month, giving Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC users who weren’t around during the closed beta a first go at Ubisoft and Massive’s open-world RPG shooter.
During the announcement earlier this morning, we learned that the studio has plans to fill the upcoming test with additional content over the previous one, including a brand new story mission. However, patch notes from a recent update to the PlayStation 4 beta client tell a little more.
According to the notes, players participating in the open beta will run into a new faction called The Cleaners (though we’re pretty sure we ran into a couple of ’em in the closed beta) and be able use the new deployable turret skill by unlocking the Tech Wing of the Base of Operations. In addition to a bunch of bug fixes, there are also numerous adjustments to Dark Zone gameplay, including new High End weapons, an increase in the number of enemy AI, and much more.
So, mark your calendars for February 19 — February 18 if you’re on Xbox One — and read up on the full list of improvements to The Division, so far, below:
THE DIVISION VERSION 1.01
- New Mission Available to play, Subway Morgue:
- Encounter a new faction: The Cleaners
- Explore a Mass Grave while trying to restore power to the city.
- Rescue the missing Engineer, Paul Rhodes
- Unlock an additional Wing in the Base of Operations:
- The first upgrade to the Tech Wing is now available
- A new skill can now be unlocked: The deployable turret
- Numerous Dark Zone updates and improvements:
- New High End weapons available in the Dark Zone
- Refresh rate on Dark Zone chests has been greatly reduced
- Non-player enemies in the Dark Zone have been significantly increased in number
- Non-player enemies in the Dark Zone have been buffed slightly
- The Manhunt Timer now pauses instead of refreshing while in combat as a level 5 Rogue
- The Reward for surviving as a Rogue Agent has been increased to 1.5x the kill bounty
- The Health Bar for Agents in the Dark Zone now only turns red when they actually become Rogue
- A new warning icon has been added to indicate an Agent who has shot another player but has not done enough damage to go Rogue
- Dark Zone experience levelling curve has been adjusted slightly
- Disabled the option to transfer Dark Zone brackets as a Rogue (This prevents players using Bracket Transfer as a means to escape after becoming Rogue)
- Removed some ropes that allowed players to reach areas that gave them an unfair advantage
- New Ubisoft Club Action available for participating in the Open Beta unlocking an exclusive reward in-game
- New and improved Tutorial Video
- Tutorial video is now available to view from t he Character Select Screen
- Fixed two bugs that allowed players to become invisible to other players
- Fixed an exploit with Ballistic Shield Skill that allowed players to become invincible
- Cheat Detection and Prevention additions and updates
- Fixed mismatch of stats that occurred occasionally between Vendor Inventory and Player Inventory when item purchased
- Adjusted player movement speed while running with a grenade in hand
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused other player’s name and health bar to not be visible in the Dark Zone
- Fixed some Weapon Mods that resulted in incorrect stat values when equipped
- Fixed some weapons that didn’t appear as Contaminated when obtained in the Dark Zone
- Fixed a bug with the Reward Claims Vendor that caused stacks of consumables to be decreased under specific circumstances
- Fixed a bug with stats display not updating when browsing Vendor Inventories
- Fixed a bug that caused continuous vibration under very specific conditions
- Fixed a very rare bug that prevented players from being able to fire or switch their weapons
- Added mission Dialogue lines in Missing Persons: Heather Lau Side Mission
- Several environment fixes to prevent falling through world issues in specific places
- Multiple stability fixes (23 unique crashes fixed)
- Server optimizations and improvements (players will receive less connection errors now)
- Multiple localization fixes and improvements
- Additional polish & bug fixes too numerous to mention!
The Division launches March 8.