In case you haven’t played it yet, Respawn Entertainment’s Titanfall 2 is quite possibly one of the best shooters out right now. While it’s unfortunate that it was released sandwiched between Battlefield 1 and Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, it seems players are wising up to the game’s awesomeness.
Over on this week’s Frontier News Network update by Respawn, the studio has announced that the Titanfall 2 player base is now at over one million players across all three platforms! What’s more, the average time spent per player is currently the highest it’s been in the last six months.
- Since the release of Monarch’s Reign in May, we’ve seen our playerbase increase every month. Currently we have over a million players across all platforms each month playing multiplayer, and we’re expecting August to be our biggest month of 2017.
- The average time spent per player is currently the highest it’s been in the last 6 months.
- Since the launch of Frontier Defense and Titanfall 2 being added to the Vault for EA access members and the release of Ultimate Edition, we’ve seen average daily active users increase by nearly 50% in the last month.
- Some fun facts around Frontier Defense…
- Monarch was the most popular Titan Warpaint purchase.
- Based on completion rate, Wargames has been statistically the most difficult Frontier Defense map and Forwardbase Kodai has been the easiest.
- Congrats to ItsEthereal, Jack_of_all_Pc, IconicLlama, and TheMegalodonger for being the first team to beat Insane mode. The team here at Respawn had a lot of fun watching that.
Not bad, Respawn. Over on the Titanfall 2 DLC front, the next DLC drop is scheduled for this August 29, and will be called “Postcards From the Frontier.” There’s going to be a bunch of new maps for Frontier Defense, new weapon paints and more. Check out the gallery to see each one.
[ngg_images source=”galleries” container_ids=”7″ display_type=”photocrati-nextgen_basic_imagebrowser” ajax_pagination=”1″ template=”default” order_by=”sortorder” order_direction=”ASC” returns=”included” maximum_entity_count=”500″]
There’s a new execution called “Hole in the Wall” which needs five Pilot kills from behind Amped Wall to unlock. Two new featured modes are incoming, too.
NEW FEATURED MODES
- Aegis Titan Brawl
- Aegis Last Titan Standing
Both of these modes will have the same rules as their originals except you’ll be playing with your Aegis upgraded Titans from Frontier Defense. Now’s the time to get on that grind to max out your Titan so you’re ready on 8/29! We’ll kick things off with Aegis Titan Brawl at launch.
There’s a lot more stuff from banners, community art and more. Check ’em all out here.
Which platform are you playing Titanfall 2 on? Did you notice the spike in player counts?