Dovetail Games has released the Train Sim World 2 update 1.023 patch this December 22 for both last-gen and next-gen platforms. This is the game’s final update of the year and includes a lot of improvements. Check out the the official patch notes below.
Train Sim World 2 Update 1.023 Patch Notes for December 22:
For the final update of this year, we are bringing a core memory improvement, which affects all routes, fixes to several scenarios impacted by red signals blocking AI traffic, and fixes to speed limits showing ‘0’ on German routes. We will also bring some of the missing PS4 updates for Arosalinie from last week’s update.
There are still scenarios blocked that we’re looking to fix, mainly on Rush Hour routes, and we’re investigating these for future updates.
- Improvement to title memory footprint (should impact all routes) – this should reduce some performance issues on most routes
- Fixed routes showing speed limits of ‘0’:
- Nahverkehr Dresden
- Haptstrecke Rhein-Rhur
- Great Western Main Line
- Ruhr-Sieg Nord
- Rhein-Ruhr Osten
- Rapid Transit
- Sand Patch Grade
- Main Spessart Bahn
- Tees Valley Line
Scenarios/services blocked by red lights
The following scenarios, which were previously blocked by AI traffic trapped by red lights should now be fixed:
- [Cathcart Circle] – Divergent scenario
- [Cathcart Circle] – Dreich Day scenario
- [Cathcart Circle] – Around and Around scenario
- [Northern Trans Pennine] – Tools of the Trade scenario
- [West Somerset Railway] – 13:15 Bishop’s Lydeard to Minehead
- [West Somerset Railway] – 14:15 Bishop’s Lydeard to Minehead
- [West Somerset Railway] – Swap Shop scenario
- [Diesel Legends] – Slough to Paddington (CL101)
- [Diesel Legends] – 1A19 06:00 service
- [Diesel Legends] – 2R10 from London Paddington service
- [Diesel Legends] – 2A44 Slough to Paddington service
- [Diesel Legends] – 1A49 07:00 London Paddington service
- [Clinchfield Railroad] – 12:12 CRR97 Northbound service
- [Tees Valley Line] – 16:15 to Middlesbrough service
- [Great Western Express] – 2R05 GWE service
- [Nahverkehr Dresden] – S1 Meißen Triebishchatal – Dresden service
- [Nahverkehr Dresden] – 08:49 Freight Chemical – Reisa service
- [Hamburg-Lübeck] – RB811321 14:31 Service
- [Hamburg-Lübeck] – IC2221 Lübeck to Hamburg
- [Hamburg-Lübeck] – RB81 Bargteheide – Hamburg
- [Boston Sprinter] – 07:59 Northeast Regional service
- [Boston Sprinter] – #722 service
- Route introduction should now be able to be completed after fix to HUD
PS4 update – Arosalinie
The following issues which were not improved with last week’s update are now fixed.
- [Livery Designer] Cannot select Open Coach in order to make a custom livery.
- [Scenario – Tis The Season] Expected arrival times are tight for a scenario marked as Easy.
- [Scenario – Water Logged] Player gets stuck at red signal at Chur.
- [Scenario – Xmas Delivery] Present unloading animations seems intermittent.
- [Timetable – Menu] Services in the timetable use the word Xmas instead of Christmas.
- [Timetable – R1417: Chur – Arosa] Player gets stuck at red signal at St. Peter-Molinis.
- [Timetable – R1517: Chur Turnaround] The distance to Chur North marker is displayed incorrectly.
- [Timetable – R1565 Chur Runaround] Expected arrival time is hard to achieve.
Another sim-like game that got an update today is Farming Simulator 22, which you can read about here.
Source: Dovetail Games forums