It will include a system where to deal with with Rage Quitters that will see them being ‘jailed’ after quitting a certain percent of games, as well as a number of character re-balances.
Check out the patch notes below:
Killer Instinct January 31 Patch Notes
- New Content:
- Spinal character and his accessory sets are now available for ULTRA EDITION and COMBO BREAKER PACK owners.
- Meld Welcoming:
- Meld will now greet you each time you start up Killer Instinct to highlight any updates or news!
- Rage Quit Solution Implemented:
- The first time your disconnect percentage goes above 15 percent you go to JAIL
- A 10 match minimum is required
- JAIL lasts for 24 hours. During this time you can only be matched against other JAIL members
- Each time you go to JAIL the amount of time increases by 24 hours (capped at 5 days – 120 hrs)
- While in JAIL your profile icon will be automatically changed to a custom JAIL icon to let you know you are in JAIL
- When your JAIL time is up, you go back into the public again (even if your disconnect percentage is back over 15%)
- However, when back in public, if you disconnect and you are still above 15 percentage you go directly back to JAIL
- For any match that sends you to JAIL, player will take a loss
- Practice Mode Position Reset Added: Players now have the ability to quickly reset their character positioning by using the commands below while in PRACTICE MODE:
- View + Menu – Reset both characters back to the starting locations in the center of the stage
- View + Menu + Left – Reset both characters on the left side of the stage
- View + Menu + Right – Reset both characters on the right side of the stage
- Leaderboards Quick Search
- Fixed an issue where users would hear audio distortion during ULTRA COMBO sequences.
- Several issues have been fixed to make sure that the AI will react accurately towards the settings of the player.
- Ranked search will now properly search for the ranks nearest to your rank, then slowly expand its ranked search range over 1 min.
- Fixed an issue when you tried to join an invite and it would fail because it was waiting for you to leave your previous session.
- Fixed hosting an Exhibition Match while player rank was above 20.
- Potential Rank Up / Rank Down messages will no longer stay on the screen if the opponent disconnects during the match.
- Fixed post-match screen showing incorrect win/loss in Exhibition Match.
- Ranking bar animation on loss has been fixed, and will now properly display.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to perform a Shadow Endokuen without using meter.
- Tracking properties of OVERPOWER (Back + Heavy Punch) will no longer auto correct if the opponent jumps over Sabrewulf.
- Fix to Shadow Itch – Ni – San getting broken when used as an opener in certain cases.
- Fix to web ball causing a blowout reaction during ultra if opponent was already above 100 KV.
Are you content with the way Double Helix is handling rage quitters?