Efforts to deliver Battlefield Hardline’s first major weapon balance update are already in motion, according to Lead Multiplayer Designer Thad Sasser.
“A lot of people have been providing feedback on the gameplay balance, and we’ve been looking at the data and feedback (as we always do),” he wrote in a recent forum post on the Battlelog. “I do not have an ETA for you on this update yet, but once we know we’ll provide dates.”
Hardline is only one week in, but, as we noted in our review, it’s already pretty clear that some weapons are in need of an overhaul. Here’s what sort of changes the multiplayer team at Visceral Games is considering for the game’s next update:
- K10: Reduce bullet damage to 33
- Saiga and PTR: reduce recoil to bring more in line with Cop faction DMRs
- HCAR and HK51: reduce recoil to bring more in line with SCAR-H and SA-58
- .410 Jury: Increase damage per pellet to become more effective
- FMG-9 and M/45: Increase damage per round to 25 and push out falloff start range to make these weapons more effective
- Battlerifle min damage increased to 25 across the board
- AKM min damage reduced to 24
Sasser added that the studio has “tested these changes and find[s] them to be good improvements, look forward to constructive feedback.”
So far, we think this is a pretty good start. What’s your take? What sort of changes do you believe are necessary?