In case you didn’t know, a new expansion is set for Saber Interactive’s hit shooter World War Z titled “World War Z Aftermath.” This will give new areas to battle in, new story episodes and more! For those curious what’s coming to the expansion, the studio has released the Wrold War Z Aftermath gameplay trailer that gives us an overview of what’s coming this fall.
World War Z Aftermath Gameplay Overview Trailer
- New Battles from a World at War: Fend for your life and make a stand against the swarm in two thrilling new story episodes — take back Vatican City in an epic confrontation in Rome, and join forces with survivors in Russia’s snowbound Kamchatka region.
- New Ways to Fight: Decimate the undead with a brutal new melee system featuring two-handed and dual-wield weapons like the sickle, cleaver, fire axe and sledgehammer, and experience the heart-pounding immersion of Aftermath’s optional first-person mode.
- Deep Hero Progression: Level up eight unique classes, each with their own perks, including the new Vanguard class, armed with an electrified shield that can plow through the horde with devastating efficiency. Customize your weapons and conquer new daily missions with special modifiers for bonus rewards.
- The Next Generation of Zombie Action: Play in glorious 4K|60 FPS on next-gen systems. Endure hundreds more zombies on screen than ever before possible in the new Horde Mode XL, coming exclusively to PC, PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X|S in a free post-launch update.
- The Complete World War Z Experience: Aftermath includes all content from World War Z: Game of the Year Edition, including full episodes in New York, Moscow, Marseille, Jerusalem and Tokyo – altogether 23 total PVE maps across 7 massive episodes, an amazing wealth of content.
- Play With Friends Anywhere: Aftermath supports up to four-player co-op with full cross-play between consoles and PC, including Steam and the Epic Games Store. Or play solo with AI teammates so that you don’t have to rely on friends or strangers to continue the story.
While there’s no definite release date set just yet, World War Z Aftermath is set for this fall on the PS4, Xbox One, and PC. It will offer a free next-gen upgrade for those on PS5, and Xbox Series X|S (4K and 60 frames-per-second support coming in 2022), and will include a new Horde Mode XL.