Microsoft has confirmed today that the live streaming service provided by Twitch, currently available on the Xbox 360, will not be included in the list of Xbox One’s capabilities at launch.
“We know the ability to instantly broadcast gameplay is something the gaming community is excited about, and we are too,” reads a statement from Microsoft. “We are working to ensure the initial Twitch on Xbox One broadcasting experience meets the expectations of the Twitch community, so while this feature won’t be available right away, we’ll let you know as soon as it is ready. Our goal is to deliver it during the first part of 2014.”
The application itself will still be there day-one, however, meaning users can still view gameplay via the Twitch app right from their console. It will also launch day-one with a number of Xbox One achievements.
Twitch Xbox One Achievements
- Watch one hour of live video on Twitch to become a Newcomer
- Watch 10 hours of live video on Twitch for Competitive
- Watch 100 hours of live video on Twitch for Best Viewer
- Watch one hour of live video on Twitch channels that have less than 10 viewers to be the Hipster
- Watch 10 hours of live video on Twitch channels that have less than 10 viewers and become the Talent Scout
- Max Bandwidth is received by watching a single channel on Twitch for more than eight hours consecutively
- Around The Clock is exactly that, just watch at least one minute of live video on Twitch in each hour of a full day
- Prime Time, simply: watch a total of 10 hours of live video on Twitch between peak viewing hours from 7:30 to 11:30 p.m., on a weekday