Ultra Street Fighter IV launches on April 17 for arcade machines throughout Japan.
Nesica has revealed the latest set changes that players can look forward to in the next installment of the Street Fighter IV series. Check them out below.
- Costs 2 bars to use.
- Command is MP+MK+LP.
- Does 1.5x as much damage as a regular Focus Attack.
- Level 1 will give hitstun. Level 2-3 will crumple opponent.
- Can absorb any amount of hits. Level 1 and 2 work the same as regular Focus, that you can be counter hit while you’re moving in to attack. Level 3 has armor during the full attack duration.
- While being hit during a red focus, you get twice as much Ultra gauge as during regular hits.
EX Red Focus
- Costs 3 bars to use.
- It used by pressing MP+MK+LP to cancel a move during hit or block.
- Damage is 1.5 as much as a regular Focus Attack.
- Level 1-3 all crumple.
- No armor.
- As long as you hold the buttons, you will get double as much Ultra gauge as during regular hits.
- Is used by press two buttons at the same time right before you hit the ground (if it is delayed wakeup-able).
- It extends your wakeup by 11 frames.
- “Delayed Wakeup” will appear in text on the screen as a visual.
Ultra Combo Double Notes
- Ultra Combo Double scales your ultras so they won’t do 100%. Scaling is different between characters. E. Honda, Zangief, Dhalsim, Akuma, Cammy, Fei Long, Rose, T. Hawk, Makoto, Hakan and Hugo each do 60%, while all other characters will do 75%. There’s a little more that needs to be noted, which can be found below.
- Gouken’s Denjin Hadouken does 75% damage, but only 65% stun.
- Balrog’s Dirty Bull and Gen’s Shitenketsu (Mantis U2) does 75% damage and stun.
- Juri’s Feng Shui Engine lasts for 900 frames if used with 100% gauge and Ultra Combo 1 selected. With 100% gauge and Ultra Combo Double selected, it lasts for 630 frames.
- Elena’s Healing will heal 75% as much as usual when using Ultra Combo Double.
As you may have noticed, we didn’t include the character specific changes within this post due to the size of the list, but you can definitely view the entire thing over at Eventhubs.
Ultra Street Fighter IV is set to launch in June as an expansion DLC first, then later on as a physical copy that will include all alternate costumes. Additionally, Street Fighter fans can look forward to getting their hands on Hugo, Elena, Poison, Rolento and Decapre, the latest and final character to be added to the roster.
Are you looking forward to testing out the new character changes when Ultra Street Fighter IV launches?