PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds has had its Week 20 patch detailed, ahead of its Test Server implementation which is scheduled to go live on Wednesday, August 9. If the Test Server handles the patch without issue, then Live Servers will receive the patch the following day (Thursday, August 10).
- Optimized game performance for 6-core or higher CPU
- Optimized UI
- Decreased motorbike engine and vehicle skid sound volumes
- Improved character animation when using throwables while prone
- Fixed a bug that occasionally disabled voice chat on the Starting Island
- Fixed a bug that caused your character to stand before crouching when revived
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from rebinding Unarm to an alternate key
- You can now see the mark from the character you are spectating on both the Mini Map and World Map
- Fixed a visual bug with the scope while a character you are spectating is prone on a hill
- Fixed a bug caused by changing “Graphics” – “Quality” – “Effects” from Settings
- Improved the wrist positions on the steering wheel
Better performance for 6-core or higher CPUs is certainly welcome, considering how popular the Ryzen 7 platform has become! And quieter motorbikes should make them a little less deadly.