Today, developer Crytek UK and publisher Deep Silver unveil Homefront: The Revolution, sequel to Kaos Studios’ shooter Homefront, coming to PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Mac, and Linux, in 2015.
Four years following the events of the original, a guerrilla band of rebels are forming in the “Badlands” of Philedelphia to overthrow its North Korean dictatorship.
Crytek calls it an open world shooter that reacts to your actions as you trigger the new revolution. Once again, players will face advanced tech and weaponry, using home brew weapons of their own.
More is to come during the game’s world premier at E3 2014, but here are the first details, courtesy of VG247.
- Explore a living, breathing open world – experience true open world gameplay in a first person shooter, brought to life with astonishing CRYENGINE-powered visuals
- Wage Guerrilla Warfare – this is no linear shooter; learn the art of guerrilla warfare and use ambush, infiltration and hit and run tactics against your foe in thrilling un-scripted firefights
- Build the Resistance – recruit revolutionaries to the cause, establish bases and safehouses, capture and customise a deadly arsenal, and build improvised, homebrew weapons for your Guerrilla Tool Kit
- Ignite the Revolution – from oppressed citizen to revolutionary leader, an epic single-player campaign tells the story of the second War of Independence. The dynamic, evolving world responds to your actions as an oppressed nation rises up in defiance against the occupation
- Online Co-OP – take the battle online, form a Resistance Cell with your friends and earn your reputation as Heroes of the Revolution
Interestingly, the key points make no mention of multiplayer – only an online co-op mode of sorts. If you recall, the original had quite a focus on competitive multiplayer that played similar to EA’s Battlefield games and Activision’s Call of Duty games. Check out the trailer above and stay tuned for details from Homefront: The Revolution’s E3 debut.