According to the latest PlayStation Blog, fans of Aliens: Colonial Marines may have something to look forward to soon, as new Aliens: Colonial Marines content titled ‘Reconnaissance Pack’ has been released.
Sadly, it is only currently available for European Sony Entertainment Network members. According to it’s description before downloading, the mysterious DLC will contain the following:
- Three new Team Deathmatch/Extermination maps including ‘Shipwreck’, a multi-tiered map where environmental awareness is key in getting the drop on your enemy.
- A new Survivor map called ‘Off the Grid’ located around the iconic Derelict ship outside the Weyland-Yutani military base.
- New skins, fatalities and heads for each xeno class allow for additional xeno customisation
As of this moment, there’s no official statement on when you can expect the Reconnaissance Pack to be available to the rest of world, or on the PC and Xbox 360 platforms, but we do know that it’ll be apart of the Aliens: Colonial Marines season pass. Those who haven’t purchase it will be able to get their hands on this DLC for $9.99 USD when it does become available.
Speaking of Aliens: Colonial Marines, a new hot fix has rolled out a few days ago for all platforms. You can catch the hotfix notes below:
April 30th Hot Fix Notes
- Adjusted “Recruit” difficulty to be easier. (Campaign)
- Reduced Xeno Bludgeon skill stun duration from 1 second to .75 seconds
- Xeno Heavy Chitin armor bonus decreased from 15% to 10%
- Xenos are now more vulnerable to damage during ‘Rage’
- Xeno Rupture trait damage reduced
- Lowered the horizontal and vertical reach of Xeno Rupture
- Increased Xeno Enraged Pounce attack cool down from 2.5 seconds to 3 seconds
- Reduced marine claymore damage