If you’re playing Anthem on PC and find the flight controls, and even the UI (user interface) a tad harder than it needs to be, you’re not alone. Thankfully, BioWare has already modified how the Anthem PC controls for flight work, as well as the UI.
Over on Reddit, Producer Ben Irving posted the changes BioWare has made to the game’s PC controls and UI at launch. Yes, unfortunately, these changes won’t be felt in the demo that’s on-going now.
Anthem PC Controls – Aiming and Flight Changes:
- Raw Mouse Input Fixed
- We found and fixed a bug that caused the symptom of negative acceleration
Flight and Swimming
- Increase Available Range for Mouse Sensitivity Options
- Flight and swim sensitivity sliders now allow for more than double the range it offered before. This allows different mouse DPI settings (specifically extremely high or low) to better fit into our in-game swim/flight sensitivity settings.
- PC Flight Box is now a Circle
- PC Flight Cursor is now constrained by a circle boundary instead of a box. This allows better turn/speed management as the distance away from center dot (which dictates the speed of your turn) is always the same maximum amount in any direction.
- Added Auto-Centering for PC Flight
- Added auto-centering behavior on swimming and flying by default for PC.
- When mouse input stops (after a delay) the crosshair will automatically return to center.
- Resolved bug with Sprint/Fly on Button Press
- We’ve resolve a jittering/FX spam issue bug that players would receive when playing with hold-to-fly(rather than toggle) option for flight.
- Raw Mouse Input is now achievable in PC Flight
- By setting Flight/Swim Response and Precision settings sliders to 0% you can now achieve raw mouse input.
- Default Flight and Swim Sensitivity Settings Updated
- All default PC flight and swim sensitivity settings are now tuned to 1200 DPI instead of 1800 DPI.
- Default flight and swim sensitivity changed from 50% and 35% respectively, to both being 40%.
- This is the same as having both set to 100% with our previous sensitivity tuning, and since swimming was lower sensitivity than flight it’s seen an even bigger boost in responsiveness at default settings.
- Tuned Flight/Swim Response and Precision Default Settings and Curves
- The defaults are now much closer to raw mouse input.
- Adjusted defaults for Precision / Response:
- 25% for flight and swim precision down to 15%
- 50% for flight and swim response down to 30%
- Tweaked flight and swim response to ease into the slowing down behavior close to center in a less steep way than before.
Anthem UI PC Changes:
We have made numerous updates to menu and Forge navigation with mouse and keyboard on PC since the Demo build. In Early Access (15th Feb), you will see improvements like using Q and E to navigate tabs and being able to drill into menus by clicking the visible options on the right side (except Social menus which are coming for the Worldwide Launch 22nd Feb). In the Forge you will notice that rotating and zooming your character are more responsive.
We are also working on improving our graphics options on PC. For Worldwide Launch (22nd Feb) the issues with Motion Blur will be addressed along with adding an option to toggle HDR on or off. We are adding the ability to adjust camera shake with a slider to help alleviate any issues with motion sickness for Worldwide launch (Feb 22). We are also actively investigating adding an FOV slider to the game. We understand the importance of this option for a large numbers of players. In addition we are investigating adding options for FPS Limit and HDR Brightness in future patches. More information on that when we have it.
List of Changes for Launch (15th Feb / 22nd Feb)
- UI Clicking on visible options in menus fixed for 15th Feb (except social which is 22nd Feb)
- Navigating Menu tabs with Q and E instead of old keybindings fixed for 15th Feb
- Forge rotation speed with mouse improved – 15th Feb
- Scrolling with mouse wheel wont zoom your javelin AND scroll the menu (will be contextual based on where your mouse is) – 15th Feb
- D-Pad will show as keyboard bindings – 15th Feb
- Turning off Motion Blur in settings now works (decoupled from post processing) – 22nd Feb
- HDR toggle available – 22nd Feb
- Camera Shake slider added – 22nd Feb
In other Anthem news, go check out how the primers and detonators work in the game in this handy cheat sheet. Also of note, if you’re worried about microtransactions in Anthem, let BioWare put a dash on that with their confirmation on how it works.