Ubisoft has released Assassin’s Creed Valhalla update 1.040 today, and this is for Title update 1.4.01! This is out for both last-gen, and next-gen platforms, and includes new content, new skills and more! Head on for the full patch notes below.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Update 1.040 | Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Update 1.4.0 Patch Notes:
- Xbox Series X|S: 25 GB
- Xbox One: 20 GB
- PlayStation 5: 6.75 GB
- PlayStation 4: 4.55 GB
- PC: 20.31 GB
TOMBS OF THE FALLEN
Added four new Tombs of the Fallen to the game.
- Four puzzle-focused tombs are waiting to be uncovered across England. Did someone say Odin Rune?
- Unlock two new trophies/achievements upon completing one or three Tombs of the Fallen, respectively.
- Access requirements: This content is available upon unlocking the settlement through the main storyline.
OSKOREIA FESTIVAL – ODIN’S WILD HUNT
Added in-game support for the Oskoreia Festival to the game.
- Available from November 11 through December 2.
- New quests and activities, including horseback riding and a tournament against spirits.
- New spooky rewards.
- Access requirements: Players must reach England and complete one of the first two narrative arcs (Grantebridgescire or Ledecestrescire) and have a settlement at Level 2 to participate in the Oskoreia Festival.
- Perfect Parry: Parry LB/L1/Q in the nick of time to deal additional damage to the attacker.
- Master Counter Roll: Adds a Hidden Blade strike while executing a Counter Roll.
- Improved Bow Stun Finisher: Initiating the Bow Stun Finisher will now shoot arrows at all stunned enemies in view.
Main Quests, World Events, and Side Activities
- Unable to interact with AxeHead.
- Unable to escort convey in quest “Old Friends,” marker did not move.
- Cavalier/Heavy Cavalry stopped fighting when the player was mounted on a Horse and was further away.
- Basim and Sigurd didn’t follow the player in Brewing Rebellion.
- Quest NPC could be beneath the world in The Thegn of Lincoln.
- Cordial Invitation couldn’t be started due to a dead NPC.
- Orwig Neverdeath didn’t spawn in Hordafylke.
- Couldn’t interact with NPC during Edmund’s Arrow world event.
- Couldn’t defeat boss in Binding Fate due to them spawning underground.
- “New Avenge Quest” celebration repeatedly appeared on the screen when looting or interacting with objects near the avenge corpse without picking up the quest.
- Unable to pick up Arc of Elan in the longhouse.
- “Exploration Area” did not disappear when tracking another quest.
- Discovery Tour: Viking Age – Quest objective didn’t update in A Barter for Peace.
- River Raids – Removed fish to balance ration availability.
- Wrath of the Druids – Unable to interact with letter in Flann Sinna’s tent during Courting the Kings quest.
- BattleCry didn’t affect alpha animals during fights.
- Missing vibration or haptic feedback on PS5 after version 1.3.2.
- Level 2 Axe Fury did not receive intended ability modifiers.
- Numerous NPC behavior issues.
- Weapon perks not activating correctly or activating outside of their intended conditions.
- Numerous clipping issues.
- Some 1H swords could cost more to upgrade than others.
- Animals didn’t go into the stunned stance emptying their defence bar with melee attacks.
- Fish could be seen teleporting when fishing under certain conditions.
- Helmets could still be displayed during some cutscenes, even when not intended.
- Eivor was unable to perform a forward roll when jumping from a height using M&K.
- Players can now toggle walk/run state during auto movement.
- Numerous Menu Narration issues.
- Numerous UI/HUD issues.
- Constant New Quest alert since Title Update 1.3.1.
- Discovery Tour: Viking Age – The Playtime in Discovery Tour is displayed as 0hrs in game menu.
- Discovery Tour: Viking Age – Discovery Sites and Behind the Scenes pop-up is present during the intro cinematic in Seaworthy.
- Level scaling options did not show the correct values for the River Raid section in the quest log.
Graphics, Animation, and Audio
- Numerous graphics, texture, animation, or lighting issues.
- Numerous Colorblind mode issues.
- Improvements to some raven textures.
- Instances of misplaced or floating objects or textures.
- Instances where Eivor, NPCs, or the longship would get stuck.
Performance and Stability
- Improved performance and stability