EA concluded their Gamescom 2013 conference with some rather big Battlefield 4 news, the first being that fans will be able to get their hands on the title through the Beta, which is set to start early October.
Along with early access to the Beta, EA and DICE also detailed what Premium owners can expect, starting with detailing the five included expansion packs.
- Battlefield 4 Second Assault – Includes four fan-favorite Battlefield 3™ maps now re-imagined with the power of Frostbite™ 3. Available first on Xbox One.
- Battlefield 4 China Rising – Players fight for dominance across the vast and majestic Chinese mainland. Available December 2013.
- Battlefield 4 Naval Strike – Experience dynamic ocean combat as the Chinese armada takes the fight to the sea. Available Spring 2014.
- Battlefield 4 Dragon’s Teeth – The US strikes back engaging in all-out urban warfare. Available Summer 2014.
- Battlefield 4 Final Stand – Bring the war to its epic conclusion. Available Summer 2014.
Other benefits include:
- Two-weeks early access to all expansion packs for that competitive edge
- Unique personalization options including camos, paints, emblems, dogtags and more
- Priority position in server queues
- New content every week
- 12 bonus Battlefield 4 Battlepacks
- Transfer Battlefield 4 Premium membership from Xbox 360 to Xbox One and PlayStation 3 to PlayStation 4.
To keep us even more excited, they left fans with a new trailer that’s packed with new gameplay, including a first look at a new map called “Paracel Storm”, which is set on a variety of Tropical Islands where players will be able to combat one another through Navel forces all while a raging storm brews on. The trailer also teases the new game mode, “Obliteration”, and be sure to stay tuned to the end of the video which gives you a first look at the China Rising expansion pack.