EA concluded their Gamescom 2013 conference with some rather big Battlefield 4 news, the first being that fans will be able to get their hands on the title through the Beta, which is set to start early October.
[youtube id=”eEIWYgA2lbQ” width=”618″ height=”378″]
Along with early access to the Beta, EA and DICE also detailed what Premium owners can expect, starting with detailing the five included expansion packs.
- Battlefield 4 Second Assault – Includes four fan-favorite Battlefield 3™ maps now re-imagined with the power of Frostbite™ 3. Available first on Xbox One.
- Battlefield 4 China Rising – Players fight for dominance across the vast and majestic Chinese mainland. Available December 2013.
- Battlefield 4 Naval Strike – Experience dynamic ocean combat as the Chinese armada takes the fight to the sea. Available Spring 2014.
- Battlefield 4 Dragon’s Teeth – The US strikes back engaging in all-out urban warfare. Available Summer 2014.
- Battlefield 4 Final Stand – Bring the war to its epic conclusion. Available Summer 2014.
Other benefits include:
- Two-weeks early access to all expansion packs for that competitive edge
- Unique personalization options including camos, paints, emblems, dogtags and more
- Priority position in server queues
- New content every week
- 12 bonus Battlefield 4 Battlepacks
- Transfer Battlefield 4 Premium membership from Xbox 360 to Xbox One and PlayStation 3 to PlayStation 4.
To keep us even more excited, they left fans with a new trailer that’s packed with new gameplay, including a first look at a new map called “Paracel Storm”, which is set on a variety of Tropical Islands where players will be able to combat one another through Navel forces all while a raging storm brews on. The trailer also teases the new game mode, “Obliteration”, and be sure to stay tuned to the end of the video which gives you a first look at the China Rising expansion pack.
[youtube id=”3_xaIv7Wo1A” width=”618″ height=”378″]