Well, as it turns out, DICE isn’t done with the info bombs just yet. In a post on EA’s official site, the publisher has announced that Firestorm is being developed by Criterion Games (Need for Speed) in partnership with DICE! This isn’t the first time the two studios collaborated on a single game, as 2017’s Star Wars Battlefront II’s Star Fighter Assault mode was also developed by Criterion Games, with the main game developed by DICE.
Here’s a quick rundown of Battlefield V battle royale info:
- Wage war in a ring of fire that slowly shrinks the battlefield – don’t get trapped
- Fight to be the last infantry squad standing of 64 players in 16 squads
- The game-changing addition of Battlefield vehicles lets you wipe out unsuspecting squads with a tank or drive to survive with transport vehicles
- Work together as a squad to secure objectives that grant better and rare gear
- Clash on the biggest Battlefield map to date
- Transform the map with Destruction and Fortifications
- Feel battle royale brought to life with stunning Battlefield graphics and audio
- Matches are tied to your Company and Battlefield V progression
Regarding objectives, there will be several types of objectives in Firestorm. These will both be at fixed and random locations. It’s been confirmed that you’ll spawn in with no weapons to start with, and you’ll need to loot equipment strewn throughout the map.
In addition to the Firestorm details, a new pre-order bonus item has been announced as well. Called the “Firestorm Ranger Set,” the kit can be used in multiplayer as well.
Full Pre-order Enlister Offer
There are other benefits with pre-ordering. Along with the Firestorm Ranger Set, the Battlefield V Enlister Offer – for all players who pre-order Battlefield V or Battlefied V Deluxe Edition – gives players extra soldier customization options, as well as access to Special Assignments and their rewards, starting the week of launch. Enlist and get:
- Paratrooper Outfit: Once Battlefield V launches, choose one of eight Special Soldier Sets available in the game to customize your troops.
- Special Assignments: Earn rewards and get an edge over the competition when you complete Special Assignments.
- Immediate Access to Five Battlefield 1 Weapons: Unlock some of the Great War’s most modern weapons for use in Battlefield 1, as you bridge the interwar period on the road to Battlefield V.
That’s a lot of info, no? If you want more, don’t forget to check out our Battlefield V hub page for the latest Battlefield V news.