New Mode: Squad Conquest
Squad Conquest is a tighter and more intense version of Conquest, where two squads per team battle it out over smaller, more tactical layouts of three existing maps: Arras, Hamada, and Rotterdam. These maps all feature 16 players on two teams, three flags, spawning restricted to HQs, and limited access to vehicles. A core belief behind Squad Conquest is a restricted number of variables to allow strategy to be able to exist – you have to be able to predict player behavior and patterns, which is reflected in all three map layouts. Clear lanes and conservative combat areas allow players to predict where enemies are coming from, where they need to defend, and how to subvert enemy movement.
These are some of the weapons that will be obtainable through the Weekly Challenges in January and February:
- ZK-383 (SMG)
- Modele 1944 (SA)
- M1922 (MMG)
Top Issue Fixes and Changes
Time to Death and Death Experience Fixes
- The name of the enemy that has killed a player is now shown in the game world when the player has died. This highlights the killer and helps players understand who killed them and from where, especially in crowded situations.
- Improved the death experience with the addition of a camera that now follows and zooms towards the killer. This will allow players to understand what killed them and the position of the killer.
- Improved accuracy of the visual representation of incoming bullets for other players. Tracers should now properly appear to consistently appear from the shooter, and should be clearer when the victim is looking directly at the shooter.
- Fixed an issue with the UI directional damage indicator that delayed the indication of damage to the victim.
- Made tweaks to the UI directional damage indicator to more accurately point towards the enemy damaging the player.
Soldier Fixes and Tweaks
- Fixed an issue where players would pick up a weapon while reviving on console.
- Fixed an issue where the camera would clip through the soldier while in the man down state when the player had set a very high FOV.
- Improved the camera behavior when a player revives a downed player very quickly. Animation
- Improved soldier ragdoll behaviors and made them more granular when killed in different poses (stand, crouch, prone) and based on the impulse of explosions.
- Soldiers killed by explosions will now blend nicely into full ragdoll when they land rather than snapping to a specific ragdoll position when landing.
- Players will no longer get a strange arm pose when melee hitting an enemy three times in a row and then switching to the Fortification tool.
- Fixed an issue where the ammo self-supply animation could get stuck and play indefinitely.
- The Heavy Weapons trait is no longer as powerful on AA guns which previously would result in them having almost no overheat while firing.
- Improved sliding activation consistency from double-tap by reducing the impact of turning while sprinting.
- General improvements to the detection of auto-peek over and auto-lean.
- Increased the horizontal free aiming angle when prone by 40°.
- Halftracks now take more and more consistent damage, making them easier to destroy.
- Fixed an issue where the Stuka quick repair did not resupply when flying through a resupply point.
- Increased the damage of the Stuka BK37 cannons against all targets, while also reducing the splash range. Accurate shots versus vehicles and infantry will be greatly rewarded, but inaccurate fire will still suffer significantly reduced damage. These are intended as precision-strafing weapons, and should be powerful on single targets but weak on area targets.
- The damage caused by the Mine Clearing Line Charge Specialization will register in the kill log and in the kill cam as well. Also, friendly players are no longer affected by the damage of the Mine Clearing Line Charge.
- Fixed so that all tank cannons one-hit kill all types of airplanes, even those equipped with Specializations that reduce damage from Flak.
- Increased the ammo capacity of all airplane cannons from 150 rounds to 200 rounds. The previous reduction caused players to return to reload more frequently than intended.
- Standardized an unintended imbalance between the coaxial and port firing vehicle machine guns. Overall this is a big buff to German machine guns, and a small buff to British ones. Some British machine guns were doing too much damage over all, and some German machine guns were doing too little. The close range damage of the German guns has been increased to match the British guns, and the long range damage of the British guns has been reduced to match the German guns. As a balancing factor, the range of all of these machine guns has been increased, so players should not see a reduced effectiveness in the British machine guns, and should experience an increased effectiveness of the German machine guns.
- Reduced the damage reduction of explosions on players in prone. Players were previously resisting up to 25% of an explosion when prone, which was only intended in a few edge cases. This was fundamentally breaking the intended damage of tank shells, as players could absorb too much damage. The damage of explosions is otherwise is unchanged.
- Reduced reload time of rockets to 15 seconds (was previously 30 seconds).
- Reduced reload time of bombs to 20 seconds (was previously 30 seconds).
Visual and Audio
- Resupply Station locations for vehicles are now pinned to the edge of the screen when ammo resupply is available, in order to help players find these resources. These icons scale in size and transparency the further a player is from the resources to prevent icon clutter.
- Fixed a bug which would make vehicle paint jobs look less detailed compared to how they look in the customization menu.
- The Stuka siren has been made louder.
- Improved audio mix on planes to have more noticable propeller sound and less engine sound.
- Improved the graphics on the wheel compartment of the Blenheim MkI.
- When spawning into a top gunner seat, players are now holding the machine gun properly.
- Fixed the third-person animation when entering the Churchill Mk VII Tank so it aligns better.
- Third-person animations should now play properly when using the backseat in the Kettenkrad.
- Fixed an issue where players using higher sensitivity options could be counted as being out of bounds while in a top gunner seat while actually being within bounds.
- Players should no longer fall under the map when spawning into a vehicle that managed to get destroyed right before the spawn.
Weapons, Gadgets, and Specializations
- Removed the Extended Magazine Specialization for the M1907 SF and made the extended magazine equipped by default. Recoil Buffer has been added as a replacement. This weapon’s Specializations will be reset and the means for unlocking them will be refunded. The M1907 SF was not useful enough without the extended magazine upgrade, making the hipfire upgrades a bad choice.
- Decreased the effectiveness of the Ported Barrel Specialization on the M1928A1 to better balance the weapon in the SMG class. The upgrade was a bit too strong, leading to a slightly too controllable weapon.
- Reduced the base deploy time of the StG 44 to 0.80 seconds from 0.85 seconds to better align with the animation. This was not in line with other assault rifles. You can shoot a bit sooner after switching to this weapon now.
- Enabled semi-automatic fire for the M1928A1 which was previously missing.
- Increased Suomi Kp/-31 reload speed when not using extended magazines. Reload times are now 2.3 seconds (previously 2.5 seconds) tactical and 3.45 seconds (previously 3.75 seconds) empty. The base reload was a bit too slow for the small magazine, making the extended magazine upgrade too important.
- Fixed an issue where some weapons were inaccurate for too long when going from sprinting to firing when aiming down the sights (ADS). Some weapons did not reach full accuracy when fully zoomed in when transitioning from sprinting to ADS, leading to unexpectedly high recoil when firing. This was most noticeable on SMGs.