With the release of Battlefield V’s big Overture content update, there’s bound to be a few snags along the way. If you’re one of the many suffering from some unknown bug or two from the last patch, DICE might know about it already and have an answer.
In this week’s Battlefield V weekly debrief, Global Community Manager Dan Mitre has posted a brief Q&A touching on some of the known issues players have encountered with the game since the last patch. Stuff like the weekly mission not tracking properly, The Last Tiger skin reward not being given out even if it’s been completed, and more have been acknowledged by DICE.
Community Feedback Cycle on This Week’s Communications
- The Last Tiger
- I’ve completed The Last Tiger but did not get the Tiger I skin reward. What’s up?
- Dan Mitre (Global Community Manager): This is a known issue that we are working to resolve asap.
- Throwing Knives
- Any plans to fix the throwing knife accessibility for Rank 9+ Recons?
- DM: This is now fixed, players that are level 9 and above can claim the Throwing Knife from the Armory.
- The nerf on fighter planes seem a bit drastic. Can you explain the decision behind this?
- Alan Kertz (Design Director): We currently collating all plane feedback. Effectively what we are seeing is players who adjusted to overpowered weapons are concerned the meta has changed. We’ve identified some areas of improvement: the reload time for bombs is probably too long, we’re further balancing Panzerfausts vs plane 1-hit kills, and the cannon ammo nerf was aggressive.
- Update Stability
- The latest update still seems to have some crashes and game issues that weren’t addressed. When can we expect another update to resolve these?
- DM: Yes, we are prioritizing crash and hang issues and hope to resolve with a hot fix next week.
- The infinite loading screen seems to still be present. Any fix coming through soon?
- DM: Ditto here. We hope to resolve with a hot fix next week.
- Weekly Challenges
- There seems to be an issue with completing the Week 1 assignment. Specifically, the Hold the Fort challenge is not tracking properly. We’re also seeing issues with other challenge requirements. Will we see a fix soon?
- DM: This is a known issue and we’re working diligently to resolve asap.
- Practice Range
- Will you be adding more functionality to the Practice Range, such as being able to use weapon specializations and sidearms?
- Katerina Waern (Producer): The Practice Range will keep evolving over the course of Tides of War and we are continuously listening to player feedback and adjusting to cater to the community’s needs. Weapon specializations and sidearms is something that has been requested by the community and it is something that we will consider in the future.
- The PS4 and X1 chat logs are no longer showing up after the update. Is this a known issue?
- DM: Yes, this is a known issue. We are looking into this.
- When will the bipod issues be addressed?
- Florian Le Bihan (Core Gameplay Designer): We are looking at the bipod as well as the prone experience that directly impacts the use of the bipod. In the next major update, we will be bringing some improvements that will reduce bipod issues caused by prone and some more will be making their way in the future as well as changes to the bipod itself. No clear ETA on that just yet but we need to improve that experience!
- When will the ‘kill spot’ issue be resolved? (Getting spotted when killing an enemy.)
- FLB: We are currently investigating.
- We want the ability to change our Tanker and Pilot soldier so it’s consistent with our main Assault/Medic/Support/Recon soldier. Can we expect customization to extend to Tanker and Pilot?
- AK: We’re investigating feasibility of expanding customization to Tanker and Pilot.
- My controller vibration on PS4 and/or X1 does not work in Grand Operations. Is this a known issue?
- DM: We’ve identified the issue and will be fixed in an upcoming update.
Hopefully, whatever concern you have is addressed in one of the questions above.
DICE has also outlined what fans should expect next week in terms of info and official news. There’s going to be a bunch of new blog posts from DICE, as well as a “minor” update set to roll out on December 11!
Sneak Peek into Communications Roadmap for Week of December 10th
- Coming Next Week
- Battlefield V Tides of War Chapter 1: Overture Week 2 Mission – On Thursday, December 13th at 00:00 UTC the first weekly mission ends, and the Week 2 Mission begins. Complete the requirements and unlock the Axis Ratburner Helmet!
- Minor Update
- Battlefield V 12-11-2018 Update – A smaller update will roll out next week on Tuesday, December 11th that will resolve some EoR hang and crashes.
- Chapter 1: Overture, Week 2 Mission Tips
- How to Fight and Win as a Squad
- How to Lead a Squad
- How to Get Reinforcements
- Battlefield V 12-11-2018 Update Notes
- Airlift Items Are On Their Way – Details on Airlifts you’ve received and what to expect going forward.
- Battlefield Weekly Hosted by EA UK – Tune in as the EA UK Battlefield Community Team plays through the Week 2 Mission and the latest Chapter 1: Overture content.
Once we the update is out, we’ll be sure to let our readers know ASAP. If you need help completing the Overture week 1 mission, go check out a few pointers here.