In a new Reddit post by Battlefield Global Community Manager Dan Mitre, the planned info drop for Battlefield V has been outlined, and it’s a mix of what we know so far and something new.
We already know that single-player gameplay footage for Battlefield V will be released tomorrow, but there’s going to be two Twitter takeovers by DICE employees, and something secret dropping on Friday.
This Week in Battlefield V
Monday, October 15th
- TEASE: Appointment Set for Battlefield V War Stories Trailer – Last Friday we teased this week’s focus with a short video from Eric Holmes, War Stories Design Director, stating that we’ll have a series of blogs, gameplay, and a new trailer releasing.
- TEASE #2: Battlefield V War Stories Trailer Teaser with Mark Strong – That’s right! Mark Strong is one of the voice actors for Battlefield V. Check out this teaser video of Mark in the recording studio.
- ARTICLE: This Week in Battlefield V – What you’re reading right now.
Tuesday, October 16th
- VIDEO: Battlefield V War Stories Trailer – Going live on the Battlefield YouTube, the trailer gives a glimpse of what to expect in the upcoming single player campaign.
Wednesday, October 17th
- BLOG: Road to Battlefield V Stage 5: Battlefield 1 Turning Tides & Apocalypse Free – The next stage in the Road to Battlefield V gives Battlefield 1 Turning Tides and Apocalypse expansion packs for free.
- TAKEOVER: @EA_DICE Twitter Takeover with Jean Francois Gagne, Level Designer – Going behind the scenes at DICE Stockholm, Jean Francois Gagne shows what it’s like working at DICE and provides an insider look at War Stories development.
Thursday, October 18th
- BLOG SERIES: Battlefield V War Stories Overview, Nordlys, Tiralleur, and Under No Flag – We dive into the Battlefield V War Stories with an overview of what to expect, an interview with Eric Holmes, War Stories Design Director, and a deeper look at the War Stories chapters: Nordlys, Tiralleur, and Under No Flag.
Friday, October 19th
- VIDEO: Battlefield V Dev Talks Episode #4 – Audio Production & Authenticity – Published to the Battlefield YouTube, we talk with our DICE devs about the incredible audio in Battlefield V, and how we are inspired by World War 2 as we developed the game.
- ARTICLE: Battlefield V Weekly Debrief – An archive of the week’s beats and a full Q&A with DICE devs on any outstanding questions from the community.
- TAKEOVER: @EA_DICE Twitter Takeover with Kalle Nyström, Level Designer – Handing over the keys to Kalle as he takes to the DICE Twitter profile to show you some behind the scenes action.
- A little something else… You’ll have to wait and see.
As you can read right above this sentence, “a little something else” is teased, which could be anything from a screenshot, to maybe a new look at the Firestrom, Battlefield V’s battle royale mode. Your guess is as good as ours at this point. Don’t forget to check back here on MP1st since we’ll be reporting on the most important news bits, and everything else in between.