With DICE releasing a new Battlefield 5 patch a few days ago, it’s expected that we’ll be getting a ton of new unannounced info to go along with it, given that’s what’s been happening the past few times. Well, today, a new slate of Battlefield 5 upcoming weapons, a bunch of new and interesting game modes, and more have been unearthed via the game files.
Once again, Battlefield 5 dataminer temporyal is on the case! This time, there’s a bunch of new weapons, and more that should be made available in the game by DICE soon.
New Weapons & Vehicles
Jungle Carbine (alternatively “Rifle No. 5 Mk I” or “Lee Enfield No. 5”)
Bolt Action Rifle
The Rifle No. 5 Mk I, was a derivative of the British Lee–Enfield No. 4 Mk I, designed in response to a requirement for a shorter, lighter, rifle for airborne forces in Europe. However most of its operational use was in post-war colonial campaigns such as the Malayan emergency – where it gained its common nickname of the “Jungle Carbine”. (Wikipedia)
Ithaca Model 37 Stakeout
Shotgun (5v5 Competitive)
Note: A new variant of the previously data mined “Model 37” shotgun. It seems a bit out of place for WWII as far as I can tell from my short Google research but I am no weapon expert so feel free to add info/corrections! (Picture source: “Crossfire”)
Historically, katana were one of the traditionally made Japanese swords that were used by the samurai of ancient and feudal Japan. The katana is characterized by its distinctive appearance: a curved, single-edged blade with a circular or squared guard and long grip to accommodate two hands. (Wikipedia)
- Dodge Scout Car (Chapter 5 / no further details)
- Dedicated Game Logic for “Pacific Dogfighting” (Chapter 5 / no further details)
- Visual “Sulis” variations for existing vehicles (Firestorm)
- JU52 Cockpit (probably for Grand Operations / Airborne)
Sprint is limited so you can’t just run around at full speed all the timeEdit: Drunkkz3 gave an update on Twitter about this and it doesn’t seem to happen so right now this was added to the game without any further reason 😉 Thanks u/DANNYonPC for posting this into the comments and even doing a single new reddit post to warn everybody – safety first!
- Logic for impaired hearing and sight (caused by Flashbangs for example)
- A captain (one per team) can revive squad members (like medics)
- Unique commando skins/parts for weapons (I found for example a rear sight for the Lee Enfield No. 4 of “legendary” quality)
The 5v5 mode will feature a ranking system:
- Bronze I-III
- Silver I-III
- Gold I-III
- Sapphire I-III
- Diamond I-III
Minor Gadget Updates
- RMN-50: Hold the fire button to cook the grenade in the barrel, causing it to explode in the air.
- RECON PLANE: The Recon Plane will scout all enemies in the direction you’re facing.
- HIGH ALTITUDE RECONNAISSANCE: Spots both teams. No further details.
Other Game Modes
Grand Battlefield (internal name, 8v8, 3 rounds per map)
A new “meta” game mode which is a bit of mystery to me. Two teams (8v8) play three rounds against each other, the only available map right now is Devastation and it features some kind of tournament logic.
It uses the following game modes:
- Frontlines (which will introduce MComs as objectives)
- Team Deathmatch
Squad Conquest Tanks
8v8 mode and will probably launch under the name of “Tank Superiority” (previously data mined).
Official description: “Tanks against tanks in all out war: Hold the majority of the flags and eliminate enemy tanks to win.”
Upcoming Maps for Squad Conquest
Consists of two phases (recruitment and elimination) and seem to feature a time based shrinking combat zone.
- Recruitment phase: Build and defend Radio Towers to receive requisition and reruits for the final phase of the game mode. Enemy Radio Towers can be destroyed. Get close and interact to arm bombs or use anti-tank explosives and artillery to damage their steel structure.
- Elimination phase: Kill enemies to deplete their recruits. Stay alive and revive your team mates to retain yours. First team to kill all enemy recruits wins the battle.
New Custom Map Rotation: Tank Battles
Tank Battles is a tanks-focused custom map rotation with shorter tank respawn timers, consisting of Conquest and Breakthrough played on large maps.
Wow! That’s a lot of new stuff, no? With the 5v5 mode and the “Grand Battlefield” mode, it seems DICE might be making a push at the competitive scene big time. Same as always, these leaks are in no way confirmed, and as such, should be taken with a grain of salt.
In other Battlefield 5 news, DICE has announced that a new visibility update will be released in late May, and here’s a preview of how it will change.