EA and Visceral Games have announced a new weapons pack coming to Battlefield Hardline that includes a “throwback” Carbine rifle along with other “fan-favorite” weapons.
The pack will be available to all players, Premium members or not, in a free a game update arriving around the same time Battlefield Hardline’s upcoming Robbery DLC launches next month. In addition, the Fire-Resistant mask will also be a free upgrade for the Operator class that lets him reduce damage from molotovs and incendiary grenades.
As for weapons, here’s what EA and Visceral listed on their official website:
- Assault rifle for the Operator class – “It fires 5.56MM x 45MM at 850 rounds-per-minute, and is most effective in medium-ranged combat.”
- Shotgun for the Enforcer class – “This is a semi-automatic 12 gauge shotgun that’s extremely effective in close-quarters.”
- Sniper Rifle for the Professional class – “This semi-automatic sniper rifle shoots a .416 round, and is a go-to weapon for long-range combat.”
- SMG for the Mechanic class – “This SMG fires a 9mm bullet and is great for the short-to-medium ranged game.”
- SMG for all classes – “SMG-style weapon that fires rounds that can penetrate body armor; great short-to-medium ranged weapon.”
As you may have noticed, the list dances around the actual names of the weapons, but we think we have a pretty good idea of what they might be. This footage captured from Gamescom 2015 from an updated build of Battlefield Hardline shows off a number of new weapons in action, including the M1 Carbine, MP7, Famas, and many more. You can see the names of the weapons and watch the footage right here, if you missed it, but take it with a grain of salt.
Either way, we’ll keep you updated, so keep your sights on MP1st!
Battlefield Hardline Robbery DLC still has no specific release date, other than some time in September, first for Battlefield Hardline Premium members.