Are you an Anthem VIP demo participant? Have you encountered the Anthem infinite load glitch? While BioWare has mentioned a workaround that seems to work, it’s not an ideal scenario if you’re pushing people to buy your online-focused game.
Over on the BioWare blog, Head of Live Service Chad Robertson has posted a message apologizing to the player base who are pulling their hairs trying to get in, and encountering issues.
Robertson listed down the main issues players have been encountering, and they are:
- Platform connections – this was caused by the spike in players entering the game when we opened up. Unfortunately, these issues did not present themselves during our internal testing. Investigations are ongoing, and we will continue to apply fixes throughout the weekend.
- Entitlements – these are account flags that grant players things like their pre-order incentives and demo access. During the demo weekend, we identified a bug where VIP players with a specific combination of entitlements were being blocked from accessing the demo. We believe we’ve resolved most of these, but have additional cases we are addressing.
- “Infinite loads” – this is occurring for some players, particularly when they transition from Fort Tarsis to an expedition. We saw this only in isolated cases during internal testing and believed it was resolved. Unfortunately, the problem is exacerbated in the real-world where differences with player’s ISPs and home networks introduce new behavior.
Now, for those encountering the Anthem infinite load issue, it seems BioWare won’t be able to fix it in time. Check out the list below, which we’ve put in bold text to highlight what was said.
Today, our top priorities are:
- Continue to resolve any reports of issues with login and entitlement problems.
- Implement fixes to address “infinite loads”. I want to be upfront that this is a difficult one, and something we may not resolve during this weekend — many players are not seeing this issue and the last thing we want to do is destabilize the experience for everyone.
- Improve server performance. We’ve heard reports of rubber-banding and other signs of server latency. We believe we can address this and will be conducting some small-scale experiments to confirm that. We may roll some fixes out this weekend or may wait for the open demo next weekend, depending on the level of risk to the overall service.
As a thank you, BioWare is giving everyone who participated an additional new vinyl (character skin) at launch.
With the Anthem open demo set to be unleashed soon, let’s hope this gets sorted out. Are you still encountering the Anthem infinite loading issue? Has it gotten better? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
2 thoughts on “BioWare: Anthem Infinite Load a “Difficult One,” Admits They Might Not Resolve It This Weekend”
i get the infinite load glitch, unable to play, i deleted it. won’t buy it.
Oh but it is just a beta right?
It’s just in alpha.
It works fine for me.
Anything else I missed fanboys of Anthem? This is a shit first impression and you know it. There is just no excuse for such a sloppy PRE ORDER demo. Unless you know someone else that pre ordered it. God, remember when demos were actually free?
Comments are closed.