Straight out of this year’s Gamescom, we get an in-depth look into the multiplayer of Treyarch’s upcoming Call of Duty: Black Ops 2.
We’ve got it all – weapons, attachments, perks, equipment, wildcards and scorestreaks. As hinted in the recently released multiplayer trailer, Black Ops 2 will be adopting a slot-based create-a-class system that will allow players to mix and match their weapons and abilities within the 10 slots given to them.
Also noteworthy is that Killstreaks are now called “Scorestreaks” and are achievable by scoring certain amounts of points. Of course, this most likely includes capturing objectives or completing certain goals on top of simply killing the enemy.
Keep in mind that, though this list is thorough, it is based off the first public build of the Black Ops 2 and, therefore, could still be tweaked before release this November 13th.
Check out the list of multiplayer goodness below and don’t forget to let us know your thoughts in the comments!
Check for updates at the bottom of this page.
Big thanks to The Verge for putting this list together.
- Type 25
- Sig 556
- Seiga 12
Light Machine Guns
- Mk 48
- Assault Shield
- Chicom QCB
- Skorpion EVO 3
No Weapon Equipped
- Combat Knife
Primary Attachments (Assault Rifle Only)
- Reflex Scope
- Target Finder — Sight which highlights enemies when they enter the field-of-view
- Hybrid Optic
- Fast Mag
- Adjustable Stock
- Grenade Scanner
- Millimeter Scanner
- Grenade Launcher
- Select Fire
- Extended Clip
Secondary Attachments (Pistol Only)
- Extended Clip
- Fast Mag
- Dual Wield
- Laser Sight
- Flak Jacket — Take less explosive damage.
- Ghost — Cannot be detected by enemy UAVs while moving.
- Blind Eye — Unaffected by AI-controlled perks.
- Hardline — Receive bonus score points.
- Lightweight — Move faster, take no damage from falling.
- Hard-wired — Immune to counter-UAV and enemy EMPs.
- Scavenger — Replenish ammo and grenades from fallen enemies.
- Cold-blooded — Resistance to targeting systems including Dual Band, Target Finder, Sensor Grenades and player-controlled aircraft.
- Toughness — Flinch less when shot.
- Fast Hands — Swap grenades faster, use grenades and equipment faster, and safely throw back frag grenades.
- Engineer — Show enemy equipment in the world, delay explosives and re-roll and booby trap care packages.
- Dead Silence — Move silently.
- Extreme Conditioning — Sprint for a longer duration.
- Tactical Mask — Reduce the effect of flash, concussion and shock charges.
- Awareness — Enemy movements are easier to hear.
- Dexterity — Climb ladders and mantle over objects faster, recover from melee faster and aim faster after sprinting.
- Grenade — Produces lethal radius damage upon detonation.
- Semtex — Grenade that sticks to surfaces before detonating.
- Combat Axe — Retrievable axe that causes instant death upon impact.
- Claymore — Directional antipersonnel mine that triggers a proximity-based explosion.
- C4 — Plastic explosive device that can be set and triggered remotely.
- Bouncing Betty — Proximity mine that launches into the air before detonating. Can be avoided by crouching or going prone.
- Sensor Grenade
- Shock Charge — A deployable charge which stuns enemies that enter its proximity.
- EMP Grenade
- Tactical Insertion
- Smoke Grenade
- Black Hat PDA — Hack equipment and care packages, or disable enemy vehicles.
- One additional point can be spent on any tactical grenade to bring two of the same type into battle when you spawn.
- Primary Gunfighter — Allows a 3rd attachment for the primary weapon.
- Secondary Gunfighter — Allows a 2nd attachment for the secondary weapon.
- Overkill — Take a primary weapon as your secondary weapon.
- Danger Close — Take a second Lethal.
- Perk 1 Greed — Take a second Perk 1.
- Perk 2 Greed — Take a second Perk 2.
- Perk 3 Greed — Take a second Perk 3.
- Tactician — Take a Tactical grenade in place of your lethal Grenade.
- RCC — 325 points — A remote-controlled car packed with explosives.
- UAV — 375 points — Shows enemies on the mini-map.
- Hunter Killer — 400 points — Airborne drone that seeks out and destroys a nearby target.
- Care Package — 450 points — Air drop a random Scorestreak.
- Counter-UAV — 475 points — Temporarily disables enemy radar.
- Guardian — 500 points — Projects microwave field which stuns and impairs enemies.
- Hellstorm Missile — 525 points — An air-to-surface missile which can be scattered into a cluster bomb while falling.
- Lightning Strike — 550 points — Launch a coordinated lightning strike on three locations.
- Death Machine — 600 points — Your own personal handheld mini-gun.
- Sentry Gun — 650 points — An automatic sentry gun which can be remote-controlled.
- War Machine — 700 points — Grenade launcher with rapid, semi-automatic firing.
- Dragonfire — 725 points — Remote-controlled quad-rotor with lightweight machine gun.
- AGR — 800 points — Air drop an autonomous ground robot that searches for and destroys enemies and can be remote controlled.
- Stealth Chopper — 850 points — Call in a stealth helicopter which does not appear on the enemy’s mini-map.
- Orbital VSAT — 900 points — Shows both enemy position and direction on the mini-map, cannot be shot down.
- Escort Drone — 1000 points — Get personal air support from an escort drone.
- Warthog — 1025 points — Jet aircraft that provides close air support with several strafe runs.
- EMP Systems — 1050 points — Temporarily disables enemy electronics.
- Lodestar — 1150 points — Lase missile targets remotely from the Lodestar.
- VTOL Warship — 1200 points — Be the gunner of a powerful VTOL Warship.
- Canine Unit — 1275 points — Attack dogs that hunt down the enemy.
- Swarm — 1400 points — Call in a swarm of lethal Hunter Killer drones that search and destroy enemies.
Treyarch game design director David Vonderhaar confirms that this build is currently in the Alpha stages:
The game is at alpha. That means we are just now starting to tune and polish all of the gameplay systems. Way more to come… stay tuned.
A number of additional features have been confirmed.
Confirmed Game Modes:
- Hardpoint – King of the Hill
- Multi-Team Deathmatch – Maximum: 6 teams (18 players)
Confirmed Features (New):
- Detailed Scoreboards
Confirmed Features (Returning):
- Combat Training
- New Theater Mode
- Wager Matches
- Emblem Editor
- 55 Levels
- 10 Prestiges
Thanks, CharlieIntel, for the round-up!
No pro perks in Black Ops 2. They offer small upgrades and only impact you and never your weapon.