It looks like Treyarch has rolled out the Black Ops Cold War Season 2 pre-load a tad earlier than expected, as the Black Ops Cold War update 1.12 patch is now available to PlayStation gamers to download, though don’t expect to play the new content until Season 2 starts tomorrow.
The pre-load file size is at 11GB on PS4, though this doesn’t mean that other platforms will have it at the same size.
Black Ops Cold War Update 1.12 Patch Notes:
Update #2 (2/24/21):
Treyarch has revealed the official patch notes and it’s a big one! Read it here.
Treyarch has announced that while the new content and gameplay-related changes aren’t available yet until tomorrow, the Death Machine scorestreak can be used, and there’s a new title screen and lobby!
Our #BlackOpsColdWar Season Two download starts rolling out at 9PM PT!
This will include early access to the Death Machine Scorestreak, new title screen, and new lobby.
Then 24 hours later, Season Two begins at 9PM PT Feb. 24 / 12AM ET Feb. 25! Patch notes incoming tomorrow.
— Treyarch Studios (@Treyarch) February 23, 2021
The official patch notes which includes the gameplay-related changes have not been released by Treyarch just yet, but here’s the slew of new stuff confirmed to be incoming:
Black Ops Cold War Season 2 New Weapons:
- FARA 83: Assault Rifle (Launch Week)
- LC10: SMG (Launch Week)
- Machete: Special (In Season)
- E-Tool: Melee (In Season)
- R1 Shadowhunter: Special (In Season)
- ZRG 20mm: Sniper (In Season)
- Apocalypse (6v6) (Launch Week)
- Golova (Multi-Team) (In-Season)
- Mansion (2v2, 3v3) (In-Season)
- Miami Strike (6v6) (In Season)
New Multiplayer Modes:
Gun Game (Free-For-All) (Launch Week)
Stockpile (6v6) (In Season)
Hardpoint (Multi-Team) (In Season)
New Scorestreak and Vehicles:
- Scorestreak: Death Machine (Launch Week)
- Vehicle: Sedan (Launch Week)
- Vehicle: Light Truck (Launch Week)
New Prestige Levels and Season Challenges for Season 2:
This season offers four additional Prestiges to achieve across the first 200 levels, as well as a new Weapon Blueprint, as follows:
• Level 50: New Prestige, Emblem, Prestige Key, Weapon Blueprint, and Battle Pass Tier Skip
• Level 100: New Prestige, Emblem, Prestige Key, and Battle Pass Tier Skip
• Level 150: New Prestige, Emblem, Prestige Key, and Battle Pass Tier Skip
• Level 190: All Season Challenges Available
• Level 200: New Prestige, Emblem, Prestige Key, Battle Pass Tier Skip, Master Prestige Calling Card
• Level 250-1,000: New Prestige Key every 50 levels
Black Ops Cold War Zombies Season 2 Content:
- New Zombies Experience: Outbreak (Launch Week)
- New Field Upgrade: Frenzied Guard
- New Ammo Mod: Shatter Blast
- Two New Skills Tiers
Don’t forget, Call of Duty Warzone will be getting a separate download which is scheduled for tomorrow.