Bluepoint Games is looking for a senior graphics engineer to help remake “a classic for current-gen game systems.” The new hire will be joining the team to develop “AAA titles for [the] latest-gen home consoles.” It’s not clear what game is being worked on, but the job listing offers some hints.
Here’s what the job consists of, and what experience is required:
- High- and low-level optimization of rendering code for console platforms
- Development and maintenance of content generation and content optimization pipelines
- Research into new real-time rendering techniques and features
- Collaboration with other team members to determine rendering requirements
- Implementation of rendering features to the Bluepoint Engine
- Expert knowledge of C++
- Strong knowledge of HLSL/CG
- Excellent understanding of fundamentals behind low-level graphics engine development
- Ability to optimize own and others’ code
- Ability to manage oneself
- Must have shipped at least one well-reviewed title on PS3 and/or Xbox 360 as a graphics engineer
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast-paced environment
In recent years, Bluepoint Games has been focusing exclusively on PS4 remakes. Does that mean we’ll see another PlayStation classic remade? Or will they be shifting gears?