While we already got a taste of some of the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare game modes in the beta, it seems Infinity Ward has a lot more planned once the game launches this October 25. How much is “a lot?” Try 40 modes!
Unearthed via the beta game files on PC, here’s the list of what’s in the game code (via VG Sources):
- Team Deathmatch
- Headquarters – Gain points by capturing and holding the Headquarters.
- Capture the Flag – Take the enemy flag back to your base.
- SAB/DD – Recover the explosives and plant them at the enemy target, while protecting your own.
- Demolition – Teams alternate in attacking and defending two bomb sites, both of which must be destroyed by the attacking team equipped with bombs.
- Payload – Teams alternate in escorting a tank payload into enemy territory. Deliver the payload to win.
- Juggernaut – Kill the Juggernaut to become the new Juggernaut.
- Team Juggernaut – Each team has a Juggernaut. Juggernaut kills are worth more points. The first team to reach the score limit wins.
- Snatch – Hunt for the Arsenal and Escape with the Black Box.
- Mugger – Kill for dog tags, knife to steal. Collect dog tags from killed players to score.
- Survival – Eliminate all enemies. Survive &&1 waves to win.
- Rugby – Bring the Juggernaut to the enemy’s base to score.
- Arena – Win by eliminating the enemy team, having more surviving players, or more health at the end of the round.
- Arms Race – Eliminate your enemies and capture objectives. Be the first team to reach the score limit to win.
- Gun Game – First player to 18 wins.
- Rush – Capture or defend objectives until time runs out.
- Siege – Capture points to revive fallen teammates. Taking all points will win the round. First team to &&1 points wins.
- One in the Chamber – Make your shot count.
- Search and Rescue
- Kill Confirmed
- Drop Zone – Hold the Drop Zone for Team Points and Care Packages.
- Infected – Eliminated Survivors become Infected. Infect everyone, or survive the game to win.
- VIP – Take turns escorting the VIP to the extraction zone. Carry the VIP to the extraction zone.
- High Value Targets – Steal points back by extracting high value targets.
- Hostage – Secure and extract the hostages.
- Blitz – Take your team’s flag into the enemy base.
- Cyber Attack
- Team Defender – Capture the drone and hold it to upload data and earn points for your team.
- Assault – Eliminate enemies, capture HQ’s and extract VIPs to earn score for your team.
- MTMC – Capture a flag to advance to the next round, teams without a flag lose.
- EXFIL – Initiates an exfiltration sequence on match end.
- BATTLE ROYALE – Eliminate everyone. Survive.
Note that some of these could be game modes that are set to be released post-launch, or as part of the seasons which are confirmed to be coming post-launch.
In other Modern Warfare news, remember when we reported a rumor that weapons will come in Supply Drops like in Black Ops 4? While new murmurs have cropped up on how Infinity Ward and Activision are looking into changing that up, reliable Call of Duty leaker TheGamingRevolution has now commented that for now, the crossbow is the first planned weapon tucked away in Supply Drops.
Given how Infinity Ward has yet to confirm that weapons WON’T be in Supply Drops, it’s understandable how some players are a bit cautious in how things play out. I, for one, am hoping that Supply Drops will be cosmetics-only.
Don’t forget to check out our feature where we list down the things we want changed based on the Modern Warfare beta.