Yesterday, Activision announced that we’ll know more about the Call of Duty World League 2018 season today. Well, today is here, and true to their word, we know a fair amount of info.
In a press release, Activision has announced that there will be a new CWL National Circuit, and the event will feature the largest prize pool in Call of Duty eSports history with a cool $4.2 million! The CWL Pro League competition, which will determine tournament seeding will kick off this January 23, 2018.
This season will introduce the CWL National Circuit, composed of eight online leagues in Australia, Canada, France, Italy, Germany, Spain, UK and US. Throughout the four stages of online competition, teams will compete for CWL Pro Points, travel and accommodation to a Global Open and, in the final stage, entry to the Last Chance Qualifier for the 2018 Call of Duty World League Championship.
The Call of Duty World League 2018 season will officially start online on November 3 when Call of Duty: WWII is released, with regional ladders MLG GameBattles available on launch day for North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
Check out the bulletpoint announcement below straight from the presser.
- Six Massive Open LANs for CWL Pro Points, each featuring a $200,000 Prize Pool
- Dallas, TX — December 8-10
- New Orleans, LA — January 12-14
- Atlanta, GA — March 9-11
- Three additional Global Open events to be revealed
- CWL Pro League Returns to MLG Arena in Columbus, beginning in January 2018
- Two divisions of eight teams compete this season in each Stage, expanding League play to fourteen matches per Stage
- Broadcast moving to Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
- Top four teams in each division move onto the playoffs
- $200,000 prize pool distributed during Stage competition
- $500,000 prize pool on the line at each Stage playoff
- Stage 1 begins January 23 – March 22
- Playoffs for Stage 1 begins April 6
- Stage 2 begins May 15 – July 19
- Playoffs for Stage 2 begins July 27
- New CWL National Circuit
- Competition for top teams that did not qualify for the Call of Duty World League
- Regional competition, eight online leagues: Australia, Canada, France, Italy, Germany, Spain, UK and US
- 3,000 CWL Pro Points awarded to each winning team per stage, plus $1000 prize pool for winner, and travel and accommodations to attend a select Global Open event or Last Chance Qualifier
- Stage 1 — January 26 – February 16
- Stage 2 — March 16 – April 13
- Stage 3 — May 11 – June 1
- Stage 4 — June 22 – July 13
- Call of Duty World League Championship will return in 2018
- 32 teams from around the globe compete for $1.5 million prize pool
- Additional details coming soon
- Online competition in MLG GameBattles for CWL Pro Points in all eligible regions beginning on November 3, 2017
- All qualification and seeding is based on CWL Pro Points, awarded to registered players
- Points belong to the player, not the team
- Fifteen Online CWL 2K Tournaments Throughout the Season
- 2,000 CWL Pro Points per tournament and cash prizing to winners – planned for the season per region; first tournament slated for November 12.
Do you want to see more Call of Duty eSports coverage here on MP1st? If so, let us know in the comments.