Valve is bringing the holidays to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive! In a new blog post, the company announced the CS:GO Halloween event called the “Graveyard Shift.”
Players will be able to fight their way through a “midnight makeover” of Cobblestone! Not only that, but players will be able to torment players as a “ghost” in Casual, Demolition, and Flying Scoutsman game modes, too! Ghosts can spray graffiti, meet the other undeads, or just break objects using their special ghost knife.
There’s also the patch notes as well. Read the entire thing below.
– In Casual, Demolition, and Flying Scoutsman game modes, players now haunt the world as ghosts when they die until the end of the round. Spoooooky!
– Ghosts can:
— Only be seen by other ghosts and observers.
— Apply Graffiti in the world.
— Affect interact-able props (soccer balls, glass, potted plants, etc).
— Turn chickens into zombie chickens.
— Possess Bots by using them.
– Two pumpkin soccer balls now spawn in a random places on the map during Halloween.
– Improved chickens ability to avoid walking straight into walls.
– Chickens now spawn in all non-competitive matches during Halloween.
– Chickens have gotten into the spooky Halloween spirit.
– Who put all this candy corn in my gun?!
– Fixed out of map exploit
– Fixed several stuck spots
– Fixed several incorrect collisions
– Updated radar to new style
– Minor optimizations
– Minor readability improvements
– Fixed several deathmatch spawns
– Fixed clipping texture playing wrong sound at A Pit
– T-Water no longer kills players
– Updated radar overview
Halloween is here, so why not try out some super scary layout changes?
– Removed connector between Long A and Underpass
– Blocked long view angle from Long A CT side towards courtyard
– Decreased height of doors in Underpass
– Added window in Underpass
– Removed slanted door leading into Underpass
– Removed a large section of old Bombsite A courtyard
– Moved up Bombsite A zone towards ramp
– Removed access to most of T spawn area
– Moved up T spawn positions
– Added climbable props in dropdown
– Added cover in corridor leading to Bombsite B platform
– Added spooky Halloween theme
– Added fallback image for unknown workshop maps.
– Fixed a case of incorrect player alive record keeping.
– Fixed regression in map vote random shuffle.http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/2018/10/21398/
– Fixed voting tab not having initial focus.
– Fixed issue with early votes being ignored in some cases.
– Fixed case where end of match would flicker on future consecutive matches.
– Fixed mouse cursor appearing immediately on end of match.
– Fix for a case of bad perf with high maxrounds.
– Timeouts are now saved and restored in round backups.
Are you joining the CS:GO Halloween party? Let us know how it goes in the comments.
Want to make money on CS:GO? Try CS:GO betting sites and earn money on your favorite matches