Celebrate the holidays with CS:GO‘s returning Holiday Cheer event. It’s a “festive fragging season” and you’re sure to see that reflected in-game. Valve has also added new “gifts,” which are available for a limited time.
In addition to the Holiday Cheer event, the latest update adds content themed around The eLeague Boston 2018 CS:GO Major Championship, as well as several gameplay tweaks and fixes.
Here’s the full list of patch notes:
[ THE ELEAGUE BOSTON 2018 CS:GO MAJOR CHAMPIONSHIP ]
– Team stickers, team graffiti, and stickers autographed by CS:GO pro players are now available for purchase in-game, from the Steam Community Market, or from the 50 piece Mega Bundle on Steam. 50% of the proceeds go to the players and organizations at Boston 2018. For more details, visit http://www.counter-strike.net/pickem/boston2018
– Team stickers can be used as game pieces for the Boston 2018 Team Pick’Em Challenge.
— Preliminary stage picks can be made immediately, preliminary stage picks lock at the start of the preliminary stage matches.
— Group stage picks can be made when the preliminary stage has completed, group stage picks lock at the start of the group stage matches.
— Playoff picks can be made when the group stage has completed, playoff picks lock at the start of the first quarterfinal match.
[ HOLIDAYS ]
– Deployed Holiday Cheer for your festive fragging season.
– You can spread the Holiday Cheer! Gifts are now available for a limited time.
[ MISC ]
– Fixed ability to host offline server with friends for War Games when setting party lobby privacy to “Friends Need Invites”.
– Tournament server logs can now have item pickup/drop events enabled using mp_logdetail_items setting.
– Game servers will now sanitize player name string to not contain non-ascii control characters.
– Fixed unlocalized string in disconnect errors for other players.
– Fixed several client-side crashes.
– Added support to demoinfogo parser for decoding fixed user data size string tables which previously caused invalid substring calculation code path to run.
[ GAMEPLAY ]
– Replaced shotgun spread model (off by default). Available for offline and community servers for testing. For more details visit
Will you be sharing the Holiday Cheer? Let us know if you get any gifts from fellow players!