Motion Twin has released the Dead Cells update 1.31 patch this January 6, and this one is for the long-awaited The Queen & the Sea DLC! Check out the full patch notes below for everything new.
Dead Cells Update 1.31 Patch Notes:
We’re adding two late-game biomes, which are alternative paths to High Peak Castle and Hand of the King, plus a boss biome.
If the name of this biome didn’t already give you a clue, you’ll be fighting your way through the bowels of a rotten shipwreck with eldritch horrors lurking behind every corner. We’ve introduced some quirks to make it fresh for you guys.
There are platforms and floor sections that enemies can break, disrupting your movement and even dumping you onto the spikes below. Armoured shrimps chase you down and can move vertically and horizontally with ease, letting them attack you from any direction. Anchor throwers…throw anchors at you, who’d have thought it!
To combat this terrible threat, you’ll gain access to a formidable arsenal of nautical weapons such as a trident, a pirate hook and a… shark?
We’re also introducing another pet in the form of the Leghugger, a not-so-cute armoured shrimp thing with an insatiable hunger for flesh and a tendency for sudden growth spurts.
Finally, no journey into a shipwreck is complete without a treasure hunt! Collect the pieces of the torn-up treasure map and put it back together to find the mythical booty…
Find your way through the shipwreck and you’ll reach the base of the lighthouse. We promised you something different with one of the biomes and now it’s the time to reveal what that is: the lighthouse is more or less a vertical chase scene & several miniboss fights combined, complete with rope pulleys, breakable barriers and deadly flames!
Scaling this soaring tower will be no easy task, as you’ll need to outrun rising flames from below. While fending off a trio of highly skilled warriors. At the same time. Just another day on the island!
Opportunities for rest will appear, but they will be short-lived. You are being chased by relentless killers after all…
If you manage to make it through all of that unscathed (or at least alive) you’ll end up at the summit of the lighthouse in a bid to light the beacon and escape the island. However, to accomplish this feat you’ll need to triumph in a final duel against a familiar foe…
Beat the final challenge to discover a brand new ending…
- New DLC : The Queen and the Sea!
- Find your way to and explore two new coastal biomes, which are alternatives to the High Peak Castle and the Throne Room :
– Infested Shipwreck, an unlikely amalgation of driftwood, home to unfortunate sailors who couldn’t escape the malaise in time, as well as… shrimps?
– The Lighthouse, which seems to be your last hope of finally leaving this cursed island. Climbing to the top and lighting up that beacon can’t be a bad idea, right?
- Two new bosses!
Fight against the alternative to Hand of the King, guarding the Lighthouse and trying to prevent you from reaching the top of it, where someone seems to be watching your every move.
- This DLC also brings you 10 new items to unlock and add to your arsenal!
6 Melee Weapons :
– Abyssal Trident, which lets you charge towards your enemies and impale them, to inflict critical damage.
– Hand Hook. Grab your foes and throw them behind you, for easy kills off the side of platforms, as well as that little bit of crowd control.
– Maw of the Deep. A literal shark. And you can throw it. Yep. No, for real, where did the Beheaded find this.
– Bladed Tonfas, whose damage scales upon your running capacity, with a big critical jump when at max speed.
– Wrecking Ball, the heaviest weapon of them all. Quite hard to throw, but it will tear through crowds of unsuspecting mobs with ease.
– Queen’s Rapier. Tear through reality (and your enemies) with the favorite weapon of the so-called Queen of the island!
- 2 Ranged Weapons :
– Throwing Cards. Shoot cards in various patterns and stick them in your enemies, before recalling them all to deal major damage!
– Gilded Yumi, the heaviest bow of them all, with the heaviest arrows, and the heaviest hits. So heavy, in fact, that those arrows might just pick mobs up off the ground, and bring them along to their inevitable death.
- 2 Skills :
– Leghugger. A new pet, a baby evil shrimp, although this one seems to be quite more friendly. Let it free and it’ll quickly bite the life out of your opponents.
– Scavenged Bombard. The Beheaded took inspiration from those pesky pirates and made his own automatic turret-cannon. The reloading is quite slow, but the damage it deals makes up for it.
- As well as 15 new Outfits!
- Nerfed the attack power of Legendary Pets.
- Pets now ignore lava and cannot die to it.
- Increased Machete & Pistol‘s attack speed
- Hard Light Sword‘s mark damage is now weaker at low marks and stronger at high marks.
- Face Flask doesn’t grant recovery anymore. Note that the in-game description has only been updated for a few languages for now, with all other coming in the next patch. Sorry for the inconvenience.
- Some weapons now destroy breakable grounds if the Ram rune has been obtained.
- Fixed a softlock when interacting with an object while in the Pollo Power transformation.
- Fixed Armadillopack not parrying some of Spoiler Boss‘ attacks.
- Fixed Lightning Bolt / Flamethrower not stopping when triggered from the backpack. For real this time.
- Fixed the Blowgun‘s animation not stopping when shot from the backpack.
- Fixed the Beheaded’s head disappearing during some cinematics.
- Fixed the transition to Morass of the Banished not showing on the World Map.
- Fixed a softlock when quitting the game while in the Binoculars‘ view.
- Fixed the parallax elements showing incorrectly behind Undying Shores‘ ZDoors
- Fixed The Giant‘s hands not doing anything after getting interrupted by the Giant Whistle.
- Removed an unused pathfinding system, that was causing unnecessary long loading times.
- Various visual and collision optimizations.
That’s about it for the patch
Source: Dead Cells