Death Stranding Director’s Cut is now officially available to pre-order from the PlayStation Store for $49.99 with a $9.99 upgrade option available to those who own it on PS4. If you’re curious what the Death Stranding Director’s Cut download size is, head on below for the info.
As announced in today’s State of Play event, Death Stranding Director’s Cut will be launching on September 24. Since the title now has an official release date, this also means that users can now begin pre-ordering it directly from the PlayStation Store. For those that do plan on doing that, you’ll be able to select from two different versions, one being the standard edition which is $49.99 while the other is the Digital Deluxe Edition, which is $59.99.
If you already own Death Stranding on the PS4, there isn’t a free upgrade option but you do get a reduced price of just $9.99 for the digital deluxe edition. Since it contains additional content it’s understandable why there isn’t a free upgrade available. Down below you’ll find some fresh new details of what’s included in the director’s cut of Death Stranding, along with details for the digital deluxe edition and the full download size.
From legendary game creator Hideo Kojima comes a genre-defying experience, now expanded and remastered in this definitive Director’s Cut.
- Remastered for the PlayStation®5 console – enjoy advanced combat and a new competitive ranking system.*
- Expanded content – use additional weapons and vehicles, take on new enemies and explore new locations with extra missions and minigames.
- New discoveries – experience an extended storyline in an expanded area.
- Social Strand System – stay connected with players around the globe.*
- Experience environment effects with the DualSense™ wireless controller’s haptic feedback.
- Get closer to the world of DEATH STRANDING with bespoke adaptive trigger resistance.
- Hear sound effects come to life in 3D Audio (requires compatible headphones).
- Get into the action quickly with the PS5 console’s ultra-fast SSD and near-instant load times.
- Choose from two picture modes – Performance Mode with upscaled 4K and up to 60FPS or Fidelity Mode in native 4K – both with ultra-wide and HDR support.**
Death Stranding Digital Deluxe Content
- DEATH STRANDING DIRECTOR’S CUT
- DEATH STRANDING DDE content
- New in-game suit colors
- New in-game power glove colors
- New in-game BB Pod options
- New in-game backpack patches
- Digital mini art book + OST app
- Avatar set
As for the download size, PlayStation Game Sizes, an account that tracks PS5 game sizes via backend has confirmed that the download size for the Director’s Cut is roughly 68GB.
🚨 DEATH STRANDING DIRECTOR'S CUT (PS5)— PlayStation Game Size (@PlaystationSize) July 8, 2021
▶️ Download Size : 68.627 GB (Without Day One Patch)
🟦 Download size with console can be smaller.
🟧 Pre-Load : September 17
🟫 Launch : September 24
🟨 #PS5 #DEATHSTRANDINGDIRECTORSCUT
⬜ @KojiPro2015_EN pic.twitter.com/iS3tBd06Hc
For comparison, the PS4 version is about 50GB to download. Since this version of the game does have more content, it should be no surprise that it is a bit bigger in the size, despite the compression technology that Sony has.
Death Stranding Director’s Cut will be available September 24. For those interested in hearing our thoughts on the original release, be sure to check out our Death Stranding review.