Following up on promises made earlier this week with regards to reward improvements, developer Bungie is preparing to ship Destiny Patch 1.0.2 by next week.
The studio posted just posted a batch of patch notes on their blog, so here are the details. We had a few giggles after reading the first line and shouted a mighty “Hallelujah” after reading the first three notes.
Cayde-6 took the Cryptarch aside and showed him a sack of doorknobs. He decoded that mystery pretty quickly.
- Legendary Engrams will always produce Legendary or better quality items, including Materials or Exotics
- Rare Engrams will always produce Rare or better quality items
- Rare engrams will have an increased chance to produce Legendary quality items
- Daily Heroics, Weekly Heroics, and Vanguard: Tiger Playlist activities will include Rare and Legendary Engrams in addition to their existing rewards
- Ascendant materials have been promoted to Legendary to closer associate them with the gear they are used to upgrade
- Legendary Engram items that exist in your inventory will be demoted to Rare quality when the patch goes live, so decode them while you can. But let’s be honest–even if you don’t, we all know they were blues already…
Those are some definite improvements and address many of the complaints gamers have been expressing. What do you think? Do you like what you see?
More tweaks are to come, if you read the first link in the article. Keep your sights on MP1st for everything Destiny.