Watch the new Developer Update video explaining the details of the beta:
As the title suggests, this closed beta for Diablo 4 will focus on the endgame content that’s set to be available to players once they finish the main campaign and then some.
This new “Closed End Game Beta” will be strictly confidential, meaning players are prohibited from discussing or sharing their gameplay experience in any form. The beta only includes the end-game portion of Diablo 4, as the developers do not wish to spoil the details of the main storyline prior to release. Feedback can be provided to the developers in-game through a dedicated tool, ensuring that player experiences continue to improve throughout the beta.
The Diablo 4 Closed End Game Beta includes:
- Helltide — an ultra-difficult random horde mode event with special loot
- Nightmare Dungeons — Nightmare-difficulty dungeons that special sigils can be recovered from
- Whispers of the Dead — special quests (Whispers) that provide Grim Favors when completed
- Fields of Hatred — PvP zones where players fight to acquire Red Dust
- Paragon Boards — an end-game character growth system that unlocks after Level 50
- Cross-play and cross-save across PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox One
Invitations for the Diablo 4 Closed End Game Beta will be sent to players who have recently been spending significant amounts of time playing through the end-game of Diablo 2: Resurrected and Diablo 3. Players who believe they accordingly qualify can ensure they receive an invitation by enabling the “News and Special Offers from Battle.net” option in their Battle.net settings by October 11. The last date invites will be sent out by is November 18, so players who have not received one by then are out of luck until public testing phases start early next year.
Diablo 4 will fully release sometime in 2023 for PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox One.
More Diablo 4 Reading:
- Diablo 4 Beta Gameplay Leaks, 50 Minutes of Footage Showcase Combat, Classes & More
- Diablo 4 Level Cap And Game Length Revealed
- Diablo 4 Alpha Leak Features Gameplay, Character Customization and More