Platoons are coming to Battlefield 4 February 27.
According to the latest Battlefield 4 blog post, Platoons will feature the following:
- The ability to create and join a Platoon for up to 100 members.
- Basic Platoon management such as inviting, applying, and promoting/demoting members.
- A private and public Platoon feed, where you can communicate and coordinate.
- A Platoon emblem and tag that all members can easily apply.
- The ability to earn stats for your Platoon and rank it up, and see all the matches you played together.
DICE writes that they “will begin to open up for Platoons on Battlelog on February 27, with some players getting access slightly before others in order to ensure proper feature stability.”
“When it is launched during this week and next, everyone will be able to join a Platoon, but Battlefield 4 Premium and a soldier with at least rank 10 will be required to create your own Platoon. The system is also completely platform agnostic, so anyone can join a Platoon no matter where they play Battlefield 4.”
The studio also notes that this is only “the first iteration of Platoons,” and that the team will continue to work on improvements as they gather feedback.
Read up on everything you need to know about Platoons in the full blog post right here.
Early access for Platoons is currently underway.