Yesterday we reported the rumor, and now it looks like things are panning out. Developer DICE has officially launched what they are calling a “Community Test Environment platform” for Battlefield 4 users on the PC, but it’s not accepting any new users to join just yet.
In a quick F.A.Q,. DICE explains the purpose of the new Premium-exclusive initiative to improve Battlefield 4 even more.
What Is The Community Test Environment?
The Community Test Environment (CTE) is a PREMIUM access Battlefield 4 environment where involved players can help DICE test new features, changed/improved content and test new experiments that aren’t yet (and may never be) ready for public release.
Why Do We Have The CTE?
We want to open our development process to our players, get feedback earlier and keep improving the Battlefield experience. The earlier we can get feedback and full 64 player servers testing our latest features – the better off we’re going be.
How Does It Work?
With regular intervals a new CTE-initiative will be posted by our developers as a news-item. Usually this initiative controls which servers are up and running, and what game-modes are available to play at any given time. Since we need to simulate the retail environment as much as possible and need telemetry from full servers – the number of servers will be limited. We will use the CTE Forums to gather feedback and suggestions during an active initiative – posting follow ups and comments to design & feature decisions as we go.
DICE has indicated in a new blog posting that, though only Battlefield Premium members will be able to opt-in to the CTE, the studio has “plans to expand to a larger player base in the future after we test this new program.”
For now, here’s how Premium members can opt-on:
- Visit http://cte.battlelog.com/bf4/communitytest/
- Read and accept the Terms of Service and Agreement
- Log into Origin with your existing account username and password (your account must have Premium activated in order to proceed)
- Start Origin and download the new Battlefield 4 CTE game client that now should be visible
- Install the Battlelog browser plugin
- Get familiar with the guidelines by visiting the Forums on http://cte.battlelog.com/bf4/forum/
Keep your sights on MP1st for more updates!