The Division 2 players, Ubisoft has announced the date of the next content drop for the looter shooter! In a press release, Ubisoft has announced The Division 2 Episode 2 release date! Called “Episode 2 – Pentagon: The Last Castle,” this free DLC will be released on October 15 for Year 1 Pass holders and UPLAY+ subscribers, while everyone else will get it on October 22.
Episode 2 will include a new PvP mode, new main missions, gameplay fixes and more.
Two New Main Missions
At the beginning of Episode 2, players will investigate a transmission from a fellow Agent scouting the Pentagon for the perfusion bioreactor. Securing the bioreactor would allow Agents to replicate the antiviral samples recovered at Tidal Basin. Agents must navigate flood damage and Black Tusk forces to take back The Last Castle. After securing their safe house, players will be able to access the two replayable main missions of Episode 2
- First Main Mission – Pentagon: Agents will discover the location of the perfusion bioreactor inside the Pentagon’s underground research facility. The Black Tusk have already infiltrated the lab and are attempting to extract the reactor.
- Second Main Mission – DARPA Research Labs: Players must make their way through the Pentagon and into the DARPA Labs, as the Black Tusk are in the process of transporting the perfusion bioreactor through an abandoned Cold War tunnel network.
New “Technician” Specialization: Effective October 15, Year 1 pass holders and UPLAY+ subscribers will instantly unlock the Technician Specialization. Players who do not own the Year 1 pass can unlock the specialization by completing a series of objectives. Additional rewards, including a signature weapon skin, are also available once the specialization is unlocked. The latest specialization includes:
- Signature Weapon: P-017 Launcher – a multi-missile launcher. Agents can lock-on and hit up to six enemies (depending on available ammo). With a simple push of a button, six missiles are unleashed to seek out their targets.
- Sidearm: Maxim 9
- Skill Variant: Artificer Hive
- Grenade Mod: EMP Grenade
Classified Assignments (Exclusive only to Year 1 Pass holders and UPLAY+ subscribers): Agents can take on two new Classified Assignments at a Boathouse and Embassy.
- Marina: Outcasts have been moving weapons and supplies into a boathouse on the Potomac River, which was used as a transport depot during the outbreak to move assets to the Potomac Center and Roosevelt Island. Agents must investigate and seize all the weapons they can find.
- Embassy: A Joint Task Force helicopter filled with supplies was shot down by the Outcasts and crashed through the roof of the Mexican Embassy in Washington D.C. Agents will be tasked to locate the helicopter, rescue the pilot and secure the supplies before the Outcasts get there.
The latest title update also brings an unprecedented number of fixes and improvements, as well as a brand new PvP mode.
Major Fixes and Improvements
Players will see significant game improvements in The Division 2 effective October 15. These improvements were developed thanks to community feedback on game forums and following last month’s Elite Task Force workshop, during which community members visited Ubisoft Massive studio in Malmö, Sweden to share thoughts and ideas about the game. Fixes and improvements include:
- Targeted Loot
- Named Items overhauled
- Crafting Changes
- Recalibration Changes
- Filled Brands
- Inventory Management 2.0
- Increased stash space
- Rebalance of talents and weapons
- Dark Zone Server Transfers
- Updated Thieves’ Den Vendor
- Dark Zone Supply Drops Changes
- Occupied Dark Zone Ambushes
- Normalization in Dark Zone changes
- Conflict: Loadout Selection during map voting
- Bonus armor visualization increased
- Conflict: End of Match Rewards changes
- Stored tutorials
New Conflict PvP Mode
The new Team Elimination PvP mode pits two teams of four into a best-of-seven round battle in D.C. Rounds will end once an entire team has been eliminated or time has expired. Team Elimination provides a teamwork focused tactical experience for players. Team Elimination takes effect on October 15.
New map: The “Wharf”
The new map ‘Wharf’ is on par with previous PvP maps in terms of size and takes players to an abandoned fishing harbor. It offers tactical gameplay opportunities, through flanking routes and raised positions.
Expect a patch to drop next week for this new content as part of Title Update 6, and once it’s live, we’ll be sure to let our readers know ASAP.