True to their word, Bethesda has revealed the Fallout 76 2020 roadmap now that the big Wastelanders expansion is out. In addition to that, the publisher has also announced what it calls “76 Seasons.”
According to Bethesda, 76 Seasons will bring a new account-wide progression system to the game that overhauls the current Challenge system, and will bring new rewards as well. 76 Seasons will be available to all players, and will offer a unified progression path to unlock “dozens” of new and uniqe rewards like Power Armor paints, CAMP items, Atoms and more.
Fallout 76 2020 roadmap:
In place of the old Challenge system that rewarded Atoms for completing Daily and Weekly Challenges, players will instead earn a new currency: S.C.O.R.E. points. These points will advance players in their Seasonal progression on the road to unlocking some incredible rewards. The result is a more engaging, flexible, and fun experience for all types of players. While Seasons are still subject to change based on internal playtests and player feedback, here’s a bit more on how Seasons currently work:
· Players will see a new option on the Main Menu that will take them to a uniquely Fallout-themed seasonal progression screen. During Season 1, this will be a Captain Cosmos-themed boardgame!
· All players begin at the first space on the board — Rank 1 out of 100. Advancing along the board involves acquiring a new type of currency, S.C.O.R.E., obtainable through the revamped Challenge system and other in-game activities.
· Challenges will be less complicated and easier to complete, typically involving activities players would complete by playing Fallout 76 as they normally would.
· Rewards are handed out at every rank, with bigger rewards the more you advance and at specific milestones (Rank 25, 50, 76, etc).
· Players will have the option to spend 150 Atoms to skip ranks after the first two weeks of a Season. After two weeks, players can move ahead in ranks by spending Atoms as a means for those late to a Season a chance to catch up.
· Seasons will run for 10 weeks with a two-week break between the end of one season the start of the next.
The first Season will start with the rollout of Patch 20 this summer. For more details on the 76 Seasons, rewards and the like, head on over here.