Far Cry 4 has officially gone Gold, and to celebrate this announcement, Ubisoft has released a brand-new trailer detailing the new Far Cry 4 Multiplayer modes.
As stated on Ubisoft’s blog, this year’s entry will be a true Far Cry experience when it comes to the multiplayer, meaning you’ll have many of the elements from the core single-player game, such as vehicles and animals, all interacting in the multiplayer modes. The multiplayer takes place during a long-past war that Pagan (the main antagonist) and his men (the Rakshasa) fought against a rebellion group known as the Golden Path Rebellion. The two factions will be playable, and each will offer a different play-style from one another as shown in the trailer above.
A summary of the Multiplayer modes:
- 5v5 round-based matches.
- Asymmetrical gameplay where the players take on each faction. The team with the best overall performance on both wins the match.
- 20 minutes average match length.
- 10 maps at launch
- Three modes:
- Outpost – the Golden Path works to establish an outpost in the region while the Rakshasa has to get rid of them and secure the outpost for Pagan Min.
- Propaganda – the Golden Path has to destroy three Pagan Min installations while the Rakshasa protects them.
- Demon Mask – both sides have to find the mask and return it to their home base.
Far Cry 4 is set to launch on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PC on November 18th in North America, and on the 20th in Europe.
What’d you think of the trailer? Leave your comments below.