Previously only available on PC (via Steam) and mobile platforms, Square Enix has today announced the Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster Series PS4 and Switch release date is set for April 20, 2023!
- Related Reading: New Final Fantasy 16 Gameplay Spotlights Eikon vs Eikon Boss Fights, Exploration, and More
Aside from the release date, Square Enix states that the PS4 and Switch versions will house some unique features:
- Option to switch between rearrange and original-based soundtrack
- Boost feature to expand gameplay options, which include switching off random encounters and adjusting experience gained multipliers between zero and four.
Square Enix has also revealed the pre-order bonuses for Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster Series as well.
Players who purchase the digital version of the game by 25 May 2023 will receive original wallpapers, PlayStation 4 Theme and Avatar in accordance to the individual game(s) purchased from the FINAL FANTASY PIXEL REMASTER SERIES. (Players who purchase the FINAL FANTASY I-VI BUNDLE will receive all bonuses to be received in purchase of all six titles.)
◆Nintendo Switch™ (Physical/Digital Bonus)
Nintendo notes that the images are samples from Final Fantasy I and Final Fantasy VI. Other formats and sizes are available, and the bonus for the physical version will be available only for the initial production.
PlayStation🄬4 (Digital only Bonus)
Original Theme & Avatar:
For those not familiar with the bundle, here’s what’s included alongside some of the key features (via Steam):
- FINAL FANTASY
- FINAL FANTASY II
- FINAL FANTASY III
- FINAL FANTASY IV
- FINAL FANTASY V
- FINAL FANTASY VI’
- Universally updated 2D pixel graphics, including the iconic FINAL FANTASY character designs created by Kazuko Shibuya, the original artist and current collaborator.
- Beautifully rearranged soundtrack in a faithful FINAL FANTASY style, overseen by original composer Nobuo Uematsu.
- Improved gameplay, including modernized UI, auto-battle options, and more!
- Dive into the world of the game with supplemental extras like the bestiary, illustration gallery, and music player.
For RPG fans, this is your chance to play the games that started kickstarted Square Enix reputation as a game maker, as well as the start of one of gaming’s most iconic franchises.