Now here’s dedication; the folks over at EA Tiburon who develops the yearly iteration of EA’s Madden football sim franchise released the first-ever Madden 18 update early so they didn’t have to get stuck in the office while hurricane Irma attacked everything in its path. This little nugget of info was confirmed by EA Sports Madden Creative Director Rex Dickson over on Twitter.
That’s the day 15 update out a bit early. We pushed to get it out before the studio shuts down for Irma. Notes will be posted shortly.
— Rex Dickson (@RexDEAFootball) September 6, 2017
In case you didn’t know, EA Tiburon is located in Orlando, Florida, which is in the direct path of the super storm. I mean, I think football fans might understand if a Madden 18 update isn’t released as scheduled, but the fact that EA Tiburon did, that’s super dedication.
Check out the complete Madden 18 update notes below straight from EA.
- HDR support
- General stability updates fixing various crashes and softlocks
- Fixed issue with the Steelers’ crowd “Terrible Towels” appearing black or grey
- Online Head-to-Head quarter length changed from four minutes to five minutes
- Fixed an issue around MUT Squads players receiving the incorrect rewards when teammates leave the session early
- Improved a small framerate drop when the ball is snapped on PS4
- Tuned scaling of the football to be slightly smaller
- Fixed an issue where points were purchasable in trial
- Fixed button functionality to correct X button notfunctioning on PS4 when attempting to load a Madden Profile
- Zone Coverage tuning to increase Break-on-Throw times
- Tuning to decrease effectiveness of Ball Carrier moves
- Fixed issue around coaches standing in the middle of the field when restarting MUT Challenges
- Tuning to increase blocksheds in run defense vs. Gun Inside Zone plays
- Tuning to slightly increase pass rush when QB holds onto the ball for extended time in the pocket
- Fixed issue with sideline characters not reacting appropriately to big plays
- Fixed incorrect Chargers vs. Giants Week 5 game on the schedule
- Fixed issue around schedules recording incorrectly when using Play Now Live for Preseason Week 2
We salute you, EA Tiburon! Hope you guys are dry and safe and not worrying about gameplay balances and tweaks.
You can read our Madden NFL 18 review right here.