It’s been a very busy few weeks for Epic Games’ Fortnite; what with the game snagging 10 million players in less than a month, and the game constantly getting patches to improve Fortnite Battle Royale and Save the World. While a lot of gamers enjoying their time in the Battle Bus, Epic has a lot more planned for the title.
Over on the company’s official website, Epic has detailed some of the Fortnite future updates it has planned. Remember that time we reported that Fortnite will finally incorporate account progression in Battle Royale? Well, it is indeed coming, and players can expect cosmetics, stats and more. Alternate controls will be part of the mix too, as well as technical fixes for the game engine, UI and more. Check out the Fortnite future updates plan below.
We’ve picked up steam on the development side and have strike teams working on the below features and improvements:
- Team communication incl. voice chat!
- General squads / duo polish
- Ongoing shooting and balance tweaks
- Map POI (points of interest) and loot density improvements
- Spectating improvements
- Inventory improvements
- Quality of life bug fixes
- Alternate configurations
- Controller revamp
- Input latency improvements on console
- Aim assist improvements
- 10’ console experience of HUD
- “Invite system” polish
- MOTD system improvements
- QOL features for streamers and content creators (hiding HUD elements, etc.)
- Cosmetics / loadout
- Compendium / mission logs
- Console performance, stability, and memory
- Server performance and hitch optimizations
- Reduction of initial download size and ongoing patch sizes
- Level streaming to allow variation for cosmetics
- Low end PC compatibility support / improvements
- Spinning up more data centers to reduce average ping times
- Public test realm
According to Epic, the “planning horizon” is around 4-6 weeks, and the studio hopes to accomplish a decent part of the stuff listed in that timeframe.
In other Fortnite news, Epic is suing two Fortnite cheaters, so best to steer clear of any dodgy stuff when playing the game.
What else should Epic add to Fortnite that’s not listed? Let us know in the comments.