Gears of War fan prepare yourselves as the latest content drop for Gears 5 is almost finally upon us! The Coalition has finally released the Gears 5 Operation 6 patch notes, giving us a small taste of what’s to come tomorrow.
Down below you’ll find the full patch notes for the Gears 5 Operation 6 update. As always there will also be some new medals to be earned, a tour of duty to complete, and a Operation bundle for purchase.
Gears 5 Operation 6 Trailer
Gears 5 Operation 6 Patch Notes:
Release Times: March 2 at 4:00 AM PST/12:00 BST
Platforms: PC, Xbox One, Xbox X
Control is based on King of the Hill but with some changes, while the main objective will be to capture an objective area, you will be required to stay inside the area to score points for your team, additionally each player will have an individual respawn timer and the ring will be 2.5 times bigger than the regular King of the Hill ring
HORDE: ESCAPE FROM KADAR
We have a brand-new Horde event kicking off Operation 6 – Escape from Kadar
Niles has been up to his old tricks again and has created unique enemies for you to take on in this 10-wave epic.
Expect to encounter unique Locust enemies who will use weapons such as the Retro Lancer and even the pipe!
Oh… and expect many, many sires.
- FFA Gnashers/Torque Bow Tag: Regular weapon spawns that persisted in certain maps will no longer continue to do so.
- A rare instance in which a user may start with no weapon on ‘Gnashers Only’ modes has been addressed.
- The observer numbers when spectating will now correctly line up.
- Players now spawn in their correct position in Escalation.
- Players will now spawn after joining a Guardian game in progress while their leader is still alive.
- Players will no longer see the placeholder leader skin if they have no customization installed.
- Gridiron: A endzone projection will no longer clip into a boat on Canals.
- Gnasher: The Gnasher will now show ‘tracers’ when firing, this will allow you to visually see where your bullet trails go.
- We’ve now improved the consistency when it comes to gibbing a player who’s sliding into cover.
- Playlists that are set as 4 v 4 will no longer fill to 5 v 5 when bot backfilling is enabled.
- Upon dying, Jack characters would see an “Ultimate Ready” text line, this is now fixed.
- Users should no longer encounter multi-second freezes while playing Escape.
- Horde: Fortifications placed inside walls will now be able to be picked back up.
- Horde/Escape: Decreased the Frozen Damage Multiplier for Snipers from 5x to 3x.
- Horde/Escape: Reduced Fabricator spawn blocking distance on River from 30m to 25m.
- Horde/Escape: Decreased Frozen Damage Multiplier for Shotguns from 7x to 3x.
- Horde/Escape: Tweaked the following daily rewards
- Skill Cards (Advanced) 3 -> 4
- Coins (Beginner) 100 -> 200
- Coins (Inconceivable) 300 -> 400
- Coins (Advanced) 150 -> 300
- Blademaster: The Blademaster now correctly receives 30% damage resistance from melee attacks. (Previously hotfixed)
- Pilot: When equipped on the Silverback, the Scorcher will no longer point to the ground.
- Outsider Kait: Kait’s gums will no longer clip through her lip while performing the “Thumbs up” expression.
- esports Kait: Kait’s shoulders are now weighted correctly during expressions which addresses clipping issues.
- One of Dizzy’s character lines will no longer have a narrator voice play.
- Characters will no longer display the wrong full model when full customization is not installed.
- The character skin faction icon for cards will no longer overlap with the rarity.
- Sid will no longer say “get out of my way” when shot by a teammate.
- Abominable Grenadier: A minor weighting issue has been fixed on the cloth.
- Recon Sid: A minor weighting issue has been fixed on Sid’s wrist while in high cover.
- Swarm Elite Hunter: When held as a meat shield, the Hunter’s tassel will no longer flail out of control.
- Lambent characters will now have their glow appropriately applied.
- Jade skin: A texture seam present on the Jade Boomshot has now been fixed.
- Myrrah: Myrrah’s Double Time voice expression no longer uses the incorrect voice line.
- Onyx Guard Keegan: A skin clipping issue on Keegan’s left shoulder has been fixed.
- Museum skin: The museum material at the back of the Markza will now be wooden instead of metal.
- Jermad: Jermad will no longer use two fingers to point to his one eye in the ‘Watching you’ expression.
- Foundation: An issue with a level of detail pop on a specific window has been addressed.
- Nexus: Jack will no longer clip through certain segments inside in the map.
- Nexus: During Horde users will no longer be able to attempt to vault through the gates at both spawns.
- Players can now access the Extras menu even if they do not have the full campaign chunk installed.
- The Heroic Venom Gnasher will no longer have brown crystals on the weapon when playing as the Swarm.
- Users who have outdated graphics drivers for Gears 5 will now be advised to upgrade them to ensure they get the best gameplay experience.
- The Async compute graphical setting being turned on will no longer cause graphical issues.
- Fixed numerous crashes in-game across the game.
- An issue related to players not spawning in a match has been fixed.
- If you retro charge/attempt to chainsaw and get stunned your character will no longer automatically attempt to reload their weapon.
If you want to get updated as to when the patch will drop, be sure to check back here, or follow our Twitter for instant notificationd!
Source: Gears 5