As expected, given the ESRB rating that surfaced earlier this week, Sony has officially announced the Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut version for PS4 and PS5! This premium (read: paid) DLC will introduce a new story mission, PS5 enhancements, and lots more. The Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut release date has also been tagged for August 20!
Ready? Dive in to see what’s new coming for both old and new players!
If you’re a history buff, you may know that in addition to Tsushima, the neighboring island of Iki was also invaded during this time period. Today we’re excited to reveal that a whole new chapter in Jin’s journey is coming and will take place on Iki. In this new story, Jin travels to the island to investigate rumors of a Mongol presence. But soon, he finds himself caught up in events with deeply personal stakes that will force him to relive some traumatic moments from his past.
Sony says that more details regarding Iki Island will be shared soon, but it’s confirmed that it will introduce a new story, new characters, new environments for Jin and his horse, new mini-games, new techniques, new enemy types, new animals to pet and more! There’s also going to be new Trophies tied with the Iki content as well.
PS5 Exclusive Features:
- Cutscenes for the Iki Island expansion, and the base game will now offer lip sync for Japanese voice over
- Ghost of Tsushima and the multiplayer mode Legends, and the Iki Island DLC will all take advantage of haptic feedback and adaptive triggers in the Director’s Cut
- Enhancements to 3D adio
- Drastically improved load times
- 4K resolution options
- frame-rates targeting 60 frames-per-second
There will be a new patch dropping free for everyone, and will include:
- Accessibility options for controller remapping
- Enabling target lock-on during combat
- Option to hide your quiver during gameplay
- Photo Mode updates
For those playing the Ghost of Tsushima Legends multiplayer portion, there are updates coming to that as well! There’s an all-new mode to be revealed in the “weeks to come.”
Pre-Orders, Upgrades, and Transferring Progress:
Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut will launch on August 20 for $69.99 USD on PS5 and $59.99 USD on PS4.
You’ll be able to pre-order digitally at PlayStation Store, or physical versions from various retailers. If you pre-order at participating retailers, you’ll receive a digital mini soundtrack with tracks from the original Ghost of Tsushima as well as two new songs from Iki Island, and a digital art book featuring a selection of art from Ghost of Tsushima as well as 10 new pieces of Iki Island concept art.
Pre-order at PS Store any time before launch and you’ll get access to download the PS4 version of Ghost of Tsushima immediately, so you can start experiencing the main game early and transfer your progress to pick up where you left off when the Director’s Cut launches in August.
If you already own Ghost of Tsushima on PS4:
- You can pre-order an upgrade to Director’s Cut on PS4 for $19.99 USD. This upgrade will become available starting on August 20.
Starting on August 20:
- If you bought Director’s Cut PS4, you’ll be able to upgrade to Director’s Cut PS5 at any time for $9.99 USD
- You can also upgrade directly (from original Ghost of Tsushima PS4) to Director’s Cut on PS5 for $29.99 USD
Transferring your progress
If you already own Ghost of Tsushima on PS4, you’ll be able to transfer your save to PS5 to pick up where you left off. For new players, the new Iki Island content will be available beginning in Act 2 of Ghost of Tsushima, after you’ve made your way to the Toyotama region.
Given how much we loved Ghost of Tsushima, expect a review of the expansion here on MP1st!
Source: PlayStation Blog