Ubisoft has finally announced a release dates and specs for the PC version of their latest entry into the Tom Clancy series.
Ghost Recon Future Soldier will release on the PC on June 12th in NA and on June 15th in the UK. Xbox 360 and PS3 versions are set to release in NA on May 22nd. On top of all the features included in the Xbox 360 and PS3 version of GRFS, Ubisoft is also “working on several improvements in order to take full advantage of the PC platform,” including DirectX 11 support.
These improvements, as listed on the official Ghost Recon Future Soldier website, include:
- Improved visuals: new Hi-Quality textures, new Post Processing Effects, multi-screen support, TriDef stereoscopic 3D display support.
- DirectX 11 features: Tessellation (for soft 3D models), Shaders-based realistic lighting (for Global Illumination), volumetric fog.
- Online Widget: Party, Friends and Ghost Feed functionality can be accessed at any moment from any screen.
- Extended party functionality: simplified and more flexible invitation system. Party text Chat.
- Uplay Friends system
- Fully customizable controls for localized keyboards
Ubisoft has also included a statement regarding the DRM system they will have in place.
For those of you wondering about the Digital Rights Management (DRM) system for the game, here is the answer. A temporary broadband connection will be required for one-time product registration at first launch using the player Uplay account. From that point on, no permanent connection is required, except for online modes.
Onto the system requirements:
- CPU: Intel Core2 Quad Q9450/ AMD Phenom II X4 940 or higher
- RAM: 2 GB Windows® XP / 3 GB Windows Vista® & 7®
- Graphics Card: 1024 MB DirectX–compliant, Shader 4.0–enabled video card based on nVidia *GeForce GTX 460 or AMD/ATi HD 5850 or better
Minimum hardware requirements:
Supported Operating Systems: Windows® XP (with Service Pack 3)/Windows Vista® (with Service Pack 2) / Windows 7® (with Service pack 1), both 32 bit & 64 bit versions
- PROCESSOR: Intel Pentium D 3.0 Ghz or AMD Athlon64 X2 4400+ 2.2Ghz
- RAM: 1GB Windows XP / 2GB Windows Vista or Windows 7
- VIDEO CARD: 256 MB DirectX–compliant, Shader 4.0–enabled video card
- DIRECT X®: DirectX 9.0c
- DVD-ROM DRIVE: DVD-ROM speed 4x, dual-layer drive
- SOUND CARD: DirectX 9.0c – compliant sound card
- HDD space : 25 GB
For more news about the Ghost Recon Future Soldier Beta, read here.
Also check out a brand new PC screen that we’ve included as the featured image. So, there you have it. Will you be picking up Ghost Recon Future Soldier on the PC?