Gran Turismo 7 Tops the UK Sales Chart This Week

Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.18

Elden Ring wasn’t able to hold the top position for very long because Gran Turismo 7 is the top-selling UK video game this week. That said, Elden Ring is still the best-selling video game for the entire year thus far.

As reported by Game Industry, Gran Turismo 7 is the best-selling game in the UK this week. However, physical copies were down 28% compared to the release of Gran Turismo Sport in 2017. This is to be expected though because digital sales are higher now compared to five years ago.

76% of sales were for the PS5 version of GT7. The remaining 24% were gamers buying the older PS4 version. The PS4 version is still selling well since several people cannot get their hands on a PS5 console yet.

GT7 is the fourth biggest game launch of 2022. The game trails behind the likes of Pokémon Legends: Arceus, Horizon: Forbidden West and Elden Ring. The latter is the highest selling game for 2022 in the UK. You can check out the full sales chart posted down below.

Last Week This Week Title
New Entry 1 Gran Turismo 7
1 2 Elden Ring
3 3 Pokémon Legends: Arceus
2 4 Horizon: Forbidden West
5 5 FIFA 22
4 6 Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
New Entry 7 Triangle Strategy
8 8 Animal Crossing: New Horizons
7 9 Dying Light 2: Stay Human
9 10 Minecraft (Switch)

Gran Turismo 7 is out now for the PS5 and PS4 consoles. You can read our glowing review of the game here.

Source: Game Industry

Top Games and Upcoming Releases