Rockstar Games has released the (Grand Theft Auto) GTA 3 – The Definitive Edition update 1.02 (PS5 version 1.002), which is part of the GTA Trilogy released earlier this month. This is a patch available on both next-gen and last-gen versions, and each game in the bundle has gotten its own separate title update we can confirm.
GTA 3 – The Definitive Edition Update 1.02 | GTA 3 – The Definitive Edition Update 1.002:
Update #2: Rockstar has finally released the official patch notes for each version!
File Size: 325MB (PS5), 295MB (PS4)
General – All Platforms
- Fixed multiple localization issues
- Fixed multiple instances of missing or misaligned collision
- Fixed multiple instances of holes in the map
- Fixed multiple instances of incorrect or misplaced textures
- Fixed multiple instances of the camera clipping through objects
- Fixed multiple instances of incorrect subtitles being displayed
- Fixed multiple instances of incorrect help text being displayed
- Fixed multiple instances of misplaced objects
- Fixed multiple instances of issues with character models in cutscenes
- Fixed multiple instances of audio lines being skipped, delayed, or repeated
Grand Theft Auto III – The Definitive Edition
- Fixed issues with blurry camera cuts and transitions during Grand Theft Aero cutscene
- Fixed an issue where Pay ‘N’ Spray doors were closed preventing the player from being able to enter
- Fixed an issue where game stalls and props pop into the Gone Fishing cutscene
- Fixed an issue where the player would fail the mission The Thieves with a message “A thief’s dead” after the cutscene plays
- Fixed an issue with failing the mission Last Requests due to Asuka falling out of the boat
- Fixed an issue with a missing GPS route when driving Curly Bob in a Taxi during the mission Cutting The Grass
- Fixed an issue where the damage meter is not displaying correctly in the mission Escort Service
- Fixed an issue with a hole in the map that allowed players to access Staunton Island early
- Fixed an issue with Claude floating in the cutscene for the mission Big ‘n’ Veiny
- Fixed an issue where character models were not animating during the cutscene for the mission Luigi’s Girls
- Fixed an issue where character models were not animation during the cutscene for the mission Give me Liberty
- Fixed an issue where the player can boost their running speed by quickly swapping through weapons
- Fixed an issue where the game would crash when entering a vehicle after completing Triad War (Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One)
- Fixed an issue where the achievement “Disposing of the Evidence” does not unlock after completing the Dead Skunk in the Trunk Mission (Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One)
Update: On the game’s subreddit, here are some of the reported fixes for GTA 3:
The collision near the tunnel in GTA3 is fixed. Rain is still awful and untouched. Instantly unlocked “Bloodstained Hands” trophy in vc upon booting.
Hope they fixed the “Take the Cannoli” trophy bug. Edit: Trophy is now attainable. The Godfather CR can now be reached at 250,000. This is according to dash_GTA on Twitter.
No word yet on what’s exactly in the title update, but Rockstar Games has announced that they are rolling out technical fixes for all three titles on every platform. Here’s an excerpt from the letter posted by the studio:
Firstly, we want to sincerely apologize to everyone who has encountered issues playing these games.
The Grand Theft Auto series — and the games that make up this iconic trilogy — are as special to us as we know they are to fans around the world. The updated versions of these classic games did not launch in a state that meets our own standards of quality, or the standards our fans have come to expect.
We have ongoing plans to address the technical issues and to improve each game going forward. With each planned update, the games will reach the level of quality that they deserve to be.
A new Title Update is on the way in the coming days for all versions of Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition that will address a number of issues. We will update everyone as soon as it is live.
Once the official patch notes for each version are out, we’ll be sure to update the post accordingly. If you notice any major changes, please let us know what you find down in the comments below.