Announced last week, Warframe Operation Scarlet Spear is a go and is live on PC! The full Warframe Operation Scarlet Spear patch notes are below, and some of the key new stuff include new story events, and introduces the operation link feature.
Warframe Operation Scarlet Spear patch notes (27.3.0):
- Open your eyes to a new Drusus tale with the Nova Leverian! Access the Leverian through the Codex or Market (via Nova).
- Mastery Rank 28 Tenno can now practice the Mastery Rank 29 Test in Cephalon Simaris’ Relay room!
- Added custom reload sounds for the Miter!
- Added an option in Captura to ‘Enable Self-Knockdown’.
Instead of ending in a knockdown or ragdoll, accumulating 5+ Impact Effects will now result in a “big stagger” with smaller staggers leading up to it, which has a random chance to activate a Parazon Finisher if the enemy is under the Health threshold. Each Impact Status adds 10% chance for the Parazon Finisher to be available.
- Gas Effects will continue to tick radial Damage-over-Time for the average of the remaining Effect duration if their host dies.
- Gas Status Area-of-Effect radius increases with the number of stacks, to a max of 10 stacks.
- Removed Gas damage resistance from Toxic Ancient Auras.
Status Chance Mod Changes:
- Increased Hammer Shot Status Chance from 40% to 80%.
- Increased Shattering Justice Status Chance from 20% to 90%.
- Shattering Justice has also changed from being an additive rankup to a multiplicative rankup.
- Increased Stunning Speed Status Chance from 10% to 30%.
Kuva Lich Changes:
Based on feedback with the recent overhaul to Status Effects in Warframe Revised 27.2.0, the conversation of how Status Effects should react with Bosses or VIPS has started. Our first step down this road is starting with Kuva Liches. Currently, there are two special rules to this “Boss Status enabling”:
- No Status Effect will exceed a maximum of 4 stacks, with the exception of Impact which can stack up to 6 times.
- Keep in mind there is a cooldown to how quickly you can stack up Impact Status Effects to avoid stunlocking the Kuva Lich.
- Radiation does not change the enemy’s Faction, and instead of increasing Damage done to enemies with stacks, it increases the Damage taken from enemies who have turned on him/her.
We look forward to your constructive feedback and we work towards applying this to other Bosses/VIPS.
- Further performance improvements towards Titania’s Lantern when cast on a large group of enemies. This particularly affected systems set to Low Particle Quality.
- Improved cache optimization to clean up even more space in the download cache.
- Improved world-state synchronization for Alerts, Sorties and other global events (there may have been up to a minute of desync).
- Optimized backdrop rendering performance in all levels.
- Fixed Codex generation randomizing the block order of the Fragment entries (this should be deterministic to avoid updating several MB of resource for no reason).
- Improved game synchronization in hostile network environments.
Railjack Changes & Fixes:
- Added Battle and Tactical Avionic categories in the Avionics Upgrade screen.
- Crewship boarding will be denied when the meltdown timer has 3 seconds remaining.
- This is to avoid multiple issues with being put into a broken state due to the boarding cinematic competing with the Crewship exploding/attempting to teleport you out.
- Removed the hanger door of the Grineer POI with the ‘Steal the Destroyer’ objective to resolve issues of the door not opening. When in doubt take it out!
- Upon returning back to the Railjack after exiting through the Archwing Cannon, you’ll now be spawned at the back of the Railjack bridge instead of near the Forging Bay.
- Enemies that you’re focused on while in a Turret will now display their Status Effect stacks.
- Fixed Exo Skold Crewships in the Veil Proxima dropping Mk I Armaments. They will now drop MK III Armaments as intended.
- Fixed the UI in the Super Weapon Platform not updating after the Radiator is destroyed for Clients.
- Fixed inability to disengage bombs placed by Grineer Boarding Parties if a Host migration occurs during a Railjack mission.
- Fixed incorrect Archwing movement animations if you exit the Railjack while Bullet Jumping (Moving left will play the forward animation, moving forward will play the moving right animation, etc).
- Fixed a bug where the screenshake from a Grineer Crewship reactor meltdown would linger forever if it was active when the Crewship exploded.
- Fixed Grineer fighters attacking the Derelict POI in Veil Proxima missions.
- Fixed Vidar Reactors Mk III missing their component modifiers. As reported here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1172940-vidar-reactors-mk3-lost-their-component-modifiers-fix-pending/
- Fixed Tactical Menu not displaying correct Battle Avionic values that have had their Grid Upgraded in the Dry Dock.
- Fixed case of Crewships sometimes staying completely still.
- Fixed seeing black boxes when in Turret AR mode.
- Fixed Railjack fighters sometimes going out of level bounds while in combat.
- Fixed the ‘Forge All’ button having no effect or sound.
- Fixed having to click the ‘Railjack Crew’ button twice when selecting it from Dojo Navigation.
- Fixed Railjack name text lingering behind when joining another player’s squad and loading into their Dry Dock.
- Fixed missing looping sounds for Ramsleds in the Saturn Proxima and Veil Proxima.
- Fixed a script error when casting the Railjack Void Hole ability.
Foundry Crafting Time Change:
- As per player request, we’ve reduced Forma, Orokin Catalyst, Orokin Reactor, and Exilus Warframe Adapter build time to 23 hours so that 1 can be built consistently every day.
Magus Lockdown Changes:
We are making changes to Magus Lockdown due to it being virtually one of the best CC and Damage combinations in the game. In some cases you can clear waves of Elite Sanctuary Onslaught without even using a Warframe or Weapon, and simply spam Magus Lockdown to victory. This goes well beyond the intended use of it and we are changing it to a CC only Arcane – true to its name – Magus Lockdown!
- Magus Lockdown will no longer apply Puncture damage to tethered enemies.
- The amount of active Tethers is now limited to 2 per player.
- For example, Void Dash once > one Tether, Void Dash again > 2nd Tether, Void Dash a 3rd time > 3rd Tether, 1st Tether dies etc..
- Magus Lockdown no longer affects the Golden Maw due to the Arcane killing the Maw and preventing Quest completion.
- This also fixes a script error when Magus Lockdown activates while encountering a Golden Maw.
- Grendel’s Nourish now mimic’s Titania’s Tribute buff selector.
- If you’re unfamiliar with Titania’s Tribute buff selector, this means that Nourish is a tap to cycle/select buff and hold to cast. This is a reverse of how it functioned prior to this Update.
- When consumed by Grendel, Sentients now have a max duration they can be consumed before popping out that is affected by diminishing returns.
- This change was made to prevent Grendel from prog stopping missions where all Sentients must be exterminated for the mission to succeed.
- Grendel can now consume Grenades – cause why not!
Titania Changes & Fixes:
- Titania has a new Passive: Titania generates Health for herself and nearby Allies every time she casts an Ability (4hp/second for 20 seconds)! The personal Titania Parkour Boost is staying, just the communal Trampoline isn’t.
- Titania can now use Blink while in her Razorwing ability!
- Fixed casting Titania’s Razorwing right as you fall into a teleport volume in the Simulacrum resulting in an infinite white screen.
Arcane UI Changes:
- Updated the Arcane ‘DISTILL’ term to ‘BREAK DOWN’ to acquaint new Arcane Management mechanics.
- Added tips to the Arcane screen for ‘BREAK DOWN’, Arcanes that refresh, and how to obtain respective Arcanes.
- Arcanes are now displayed with their respective Icon in the HUD, instead of the generic Arcane icon.
- The Rank-Up callout is now displayed to the left of the next Arcane Rank in the Arcane Upgrade screen when using a controller.
- Arcanes that are sold in Vendor Offerings will now only show Max Rank tooltip information, and UI indication that the Arcane you’re purchasing is Unranked.
- This fixes Arcane tooltips expanding off screen when viewed in Vendor Offerings.
- Clarified Arcane requirements for Arcane Trickery, Arcane Ultimatum, and Exodia Might by adding ‘Kill’ to the ‘On Finisher’ line.
- Increased Status Chance for the Gunblade type weapons to match new Shotgun Status Chance values.
- Made Fall Off changes to the following weapons:
- Fall Off increased from 20-40m to 10-20m.
- Redeemer Prime
- Fall Off increased from 20-40m to 10-30m.
- The Rakta Dark Dagger Shield bonus when damaging an enemy afflicted by Radiation is now only granted if you have Shields.
- Atlas’ Immovable Passive now also applies to Staggers.
- Added support for Bosses to display active Status Effects on their special Health bar.
- Removed Stealth Melee bonus always applying to Simulacrum enemies when ‘Pause AI’ is enabled, thus giving non authentic numbers when testing Loadouts.
- The Warframe Upgrade Arsenal stats now display Resistance values granted by Mods:
- Made spawn changes to improve flow of enemies in the Lua Survival tileset.
- Removed knockdown from Elite Shield Lancer grenades.
- Charging weapons, like the Staticor, previously only showed Charged Attack Damage in the Arsenal stats, we now additionally show Quick Shot Damage values below the Charged Attack stats.
- You will no longer receive Ghoul Threat Inbox messages due to their redundancy.
- Enemies inside Void Fissure Spy vaults that are not engaged in combat will no longer become Corrupted.
- This fixes enemies in Void Fissure Spy vaults setting off alarms when becoming Corrupted.
BUG MEGATHREAD FOR CHANGES:
- Fixed being unable to restore default controller bindings on PC.
- Fixed inability to activate Railjack Abilities bound to the same button as ‘MOVE_UP’.
- Fixed context actions sometimes not displaying the correct key to use them on controller.
- Fixed nonfunctional controller callouts when upgrading Avionics and attempting to filter the type.
- Fixed the controller callouts for “Toggle Interior” and “Randomize All” in the Railjack Customization Menu not functioning properly.
- Fixed the Chat window scroll bar moving after each mission when using a controller.
- Fixed two Callouts for the same button, Sort and Break Down, in the Arcane Manager Screen when using a controller.
- Fixed Rank Up button not appearing outside of the Arcane Equip screen when opened via Foundry.
- Fixed enemies marked by Garuda’s Seeking Talons not being prone to receiving a Slash Status Effect.
Deferred Rendering & HDR Fixes:
- Fixed black squares appearing on the enemy grenade indicators when HDR is enabled.
- Fixed black squares appearing in the Railjack HUD with Deferred Rendering enabled.
- Fixed black squares appearing in the Arcane Manager screen and Relic Manager screen with Deferred Rendering enabled.
- Fixed Nekros’ Shadows of the Dead ability appearing wrong when Deferred Rendering is enabled.
- Fixed Teplo Syandana and Nikana Prime materials appearing translucent with Deferred Rendering enabled.
- Fixed black-lit rocks in dioramas with Deferred Rendering enabled.
- Fixed lights affecting static/dynamic-only objects with Deferred Rendering enabled.
- Fixed a crash when casting Amesha’s Warding Grace ability.
- Fixed a crash while in the Simulacrum with a bunch of Heavy Gunners spawned.
- Fixed Kuva Siphon missions sometimes ceasing to register destruction of the Kuva clouds for the remainder of the mission.
- Fixed Meleeing while in Vallis/Plains Archwing to avoid a self-stagger resulting in basic ground functionality breaking until you die/Revive.
- Fixed Mercy kills not applying to Rivens with a ‘Finisher’ challenge.
- Fixed dynamic encounters in Orb Vallis causing Drone Defense Health tracks to not appear.
- Fixed ice on the vents of the Exploiter Orb not appearing for Clients.
- Fixed the HUD disappearing if you look away at the wrong time during the Exploiter Orb boss fight intro. As reported here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1136226-hud-disappearing-in-the-exploiter-orb-fight-fix-pending/
- Fixed enemies that possess Damage types that affect Shields directly (Sentient Battalyst, etc) also affecting your Health.
- Fixed Exodia Contagion not triggering if your weapon is out of Ammo.
- Fixed Mirage’s Explosive Legerdemain Augment damaging everything within range, including allies or even the Defense objective, if the Mirage leaves the game session.
- Fixed Equinox Duality Augment causing the clone to hold their weapon funny if spawned during Pistol + Glaive mode.
- Fixed the Juggernaut’s quill-firing attack animation not showing for Clients.
- Fixed Mag’s Magnetize sometimes making enemies orbit around a central target when ‘Magnetic Pull’ was maxed with Mods.
- Fixed Mag Pulling certain enemies that should not be pushed/pulled.
- Fixed missing Kuva Lich image in their farewell transmission when Vanquished.
- Potential fix for Steam rarely and mysteriously uninstalling Warframe.
- Fixed inability to install Catalysts on certain weapons (Cernos, Opticor, etc).
- Fixed cases where Corpus Ratels were spawning as friendly and thus invincible.
- Fixed Radial Attack Mods not having any effect on Tombfinger Kitguns.
- Fixed Shield Restores not fully resetting Shield Gate duration.
- Fixed the Simulacrum’s ‘Invincibility’ option not applying to Clients.
- Fixed some players receiving duplicate Mastery for the Mote Amp.
- The duplicate Mastery will be removed on login.
- Fixed Kuva Shield Lancer having a defective shield that blocks no bullets.
- Fixed doing a weird Melee Slam during a Self-Stagger.
- The Slam will occur after the Stagger has finished.
- Fixed Heavy Melee Slam Attacks not triggering Hydroid’s Passive to spawn a Tentacle.
- Fixed Transference triggering Octavia’s Inspiration Passive.
- It’s intended to only be Octavia’s abilities that triggers the buff.
- Fixed inability to lift off the ground when casting Hildryn’s Aegis Storm ability.
- Fixed missions that pre-check eligibility for Archwings not actually checking.
- Fixed receiving an error upon donating more than 9,999,999 Credits to the Leverian Donation Box.
- Fixed the Arcane Manager ‘Incomplete’ section displaying Arcanes that have been max Ranked.
- Fixed Ved Xol from The Index having a physics type that allows him to slide around like the Scrambus enemies despite having the animations of a walking enemy.
- Fixed Kavats breaking their appearance when spending Platinum to unlock a new Appearance Config Slot. As reported here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/ezqhf8/please_fix_my_cat/
- Fixed enemy grenade FX not appearing to pulse/flash for Clients.
- Fixed the Ballistica firing its arrows sideways when equipped with the Dali Skin.
- Fixed Garuda appearing to hold all Melee weapons in a fisticufs style when viewed in the Market.
- Fixed the Spore Ephemera not scaling when in Archwing.
- Fixed Sugatras being misaligned when equipped on the Lacera.
- Fixed the Stratus Pistol Skin animating incorrectly in the Arsenal.
- Stratus Pistol now stays in the “idle” pose rather than “holstered” when equipped in the Arsenal.
- Fixed the “death by fire burnt body material” applying to unintentional meshes.
- Fixed the Jet FX colour on Frost’s Harka Skin resetting back to default when entering the Navigation panel.
- Fixed Prime weapon hilts flicking with small movement.
- Fixed unnecessary tracer FX on the Dual Decursion projectile.
- Fixed a missing window portal in the Lua Exterminate tileset.
- Fixed missing wall materials in sections of the Grineer Galleon Defense tilesets.
- Fixed Dojo Room selection screen appearing to be partially scrolled down upon first opening.
- Fixed Companion stat comparisons in the Arsenal being incorrect, as they were somehow being compared to your Warframe.
- Fixed Melee weapon damage stats being shown twice in the Arsenal.
- Fixed Volatile Runner Enemy Name lingering in the HUD.
- Fixed Mastery Rank 15 Interception test UI using old HUD technology.
- Fixed Enemy Names appearing offset at low resolutions if the HUD scale is greater than 100.
- Fixed the UI sometimes showing the incorrect binding for Reviving. This was most prevalent on Switch, but could happen on other platforms if you changed bindings before dying.
- Fixed having to press ESC twice to exit some menus.
- Fixed Opticor Quick Attacks being compared to Charged Attacks and showing green numbers as if there is improvement in the stat summary in the Arsenal.
- Fixed Melee Stance combos missing their combo instructions if your Melee attack is bound to the mouse wheel scroll up/ down.
- Fixed spinning wildly if initiating movement while an Inbox message was forced open.
- Fixed global Boosters not displaying in the UI while in mission.
- Fixed parts of the DPD (Detailed Purchase Dialog) appearing hidden when changing resolutions.
- Fixed longer Research names going off screen in Clan Research Labs.
- Fixed ‘100x Resource’ icons appearing squished in Clan Research Labs.
- Fixed ‘Total’ Arsenal Stat positioned incorrectly above Damage values in the UI.
- Fixed [PH] tags for Resistance types when looking at a Warframe through a Scanner.
- Fixed the Trading Policy popup in the Trade screen coming up every time a Trade is opened for some players.
- Fixed Mods showing rankup pips under their name in the tooltip when viewing from a Vendor.
- Fixed missing subtitles during final Second Dream cinematic.
- Fixed a script error caused by Sentinel Precepts being automatically reactivated in missions where Mods are deactivated/have been removed (Grendel missions).
- Fixed a script error when solving the Hydraulus puzzle in Octavia’s Anthem Quest.
- Fixed numerous script errors when casting numerous Warframe abilities.
- Fixed a script error when a Life Support spawns in a Survival mission.
- Fixed a script error when disabling the Alarms in a Survival mission.
- Fixed a script error when destroying a Frozen Infested Hive.
- Fixed a script error when placing Fireworks.
- Fixed a script error when Fishing.
PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch players will also be getting this update soon along with a number of fixes and improvements. In the meantime, we can look forward to the next Prime access, which is launching next Tuesday on all platforms. This Prime Access is called “Titania Prime” and will include the following:
TITANIA PRIME ACCESS FEATURES
Tempting and terrifying, this is Titania in her ultimate form.
Honoring one of the first Tenno clans, their house sword has been beautifully redesigned. With each killing thrust one can almost hear it sing.
Heavy in the hand with a bone-crunching kickback. This shotgun has two firing modes: buckshot and grenade projectile.
Titania Prime Glyphs
Display your Titania Prime loyalty.
TITANIA PRIME ACCESSORIES
Gigelorum Prime Syandana
Cicada Prime Skin
90-Day Credit Booster
90-Day Affinity Booster
Get these items instantly with Titania Prime Access or earn Blueprints in-game for Titania Prime, Pangolin Prime and Corinth Prime!
Titania Prime Access begins March 31 on PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. For full regional dates for PS4, please see below:
March 31: America
April 1: Europe, Oceania, Africa & Asia
April 2: Japan
When Titania Prime enters Prime Access, the following items will be entering the Prime Vault:
Again, PS4 and Xbox One should get this soon, and once it’s out, we’ll let our readers know ASAP.
Source: Warframe forums